HELP - DESPERATE FOR HOUSE TRAINING ADVICE

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Hellebore
Lively Laner

HELP - DESPERATE FOR HOUSE TRAINING ADVICE

Post by Hellebore »

I am desperate for some help with my 20 week old working cocker, Molly.
The problem is that she will only relieve herself in the house. Molly is my fourth dog and I have never encountered this before.
When I collected Molly at 12 weeks the breeder had not started any house training with her.
I tried to use a crate when I got her but the noise she made was unbearable so for the sake of my neighbours I abandoned that. I started with puppy pads, which I suspect is the root of the problem.
Molly obviously has both bladder and bowel control as she holds on during long walks only to perform in the house when we get home.
I have tried everything I have even puts a pad outside, weighed down with stones, no joy.
On the very rare occasion she has we'ed outside I have made a huge fuss of her and given her a high value treat. I think she understands that 'widdle diddle' means wee but doesn't grasp the association with doing it outside.
I have spent hours standing outside with her only for her to do it the minute we go back inside. On one occasion when we were standing outside with the back door closed she shot through the cat flap into the cellar and did it in there!
In all other ways she is very intelligent and has learned 'sit' 'down' 'shake paws' etc with ease.
I forgot the mention that I have another dog, Archie. She watches him seeing outside but just hasn't made the association.
We are due to go on holiday to Northumberland in a cottage in two weeks but am seriously considering cancelling because of this.
ANY advice would be gratefully received.
wendy

Re: HELP - DESPERATE FOR HOUSE TRAINING ADVICE

Post by wendy »

PM me with your email and I will send over a leaflet.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning