Help needed to end puppy farming.

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Help needed to end puppy farming.

Post by jannie »

Three months ago we adopted Bella, a beautiful miniature schnauzer, from Many Tears Animal Rescue . Bella was rescued from a puppy farm where she had been kept in horrific conditions and used to churn out litters of pups untill she suffered a hernia and was left to die.

On Sept 4th a debate is being held in parliament, following a petition by Pup Aid, to end the sale of puppies unless their mother is present. If this debate leads to a ban then puppy farms could be closed down overnight.

Could you please get in touch with your MP and urge him/her to attend this debate and vote for a ban. Follow this link for help. Thank you.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Help needed to end puppy farming.

Post by albertajune »

I will do Jannie )t' Thanks for the link.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Me too Jannie {hug}
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

signed. I wonder if there might also be an effort to clamp down on the imported
puppy trade at the same time.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
manda

Post by manda »

I can't sign it because I'm not in the UK but I've put it on my facebook page to share and share and share )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Thank you all so much for your support. {hug}

kitla wrote:signed. I wonder if there might also be an effort to clamp down on the imported
puppy trade at the same time.

Pup Aid has been very careful in choosing to go for a ban on puppies being sold without their mothers present rather than a ban on all the trading practices. There is nothing to confuse the MP's or give them an excuse to reschedule the debate ...but if successful this ban will put a stop to all puppy trading including imports.

Hopefully the campaign alone will educate anyone looking for a puppy to the fact that if it's not with it's mother then it's probably been inhumanely raised and will either die within months or will cost thousands of pounds in vet bills.

Thank you all again and please keep spreading the word ..we need our MP's to turn up to this debate. >fi<
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Email sent. )t'
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Thanks Gwen {hug}

Vet Marc Abraham, founder of Pup Aid, is on BBC news this morning 9.55 talking about the debate. )like(
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I have sent the letter to Andrew Percy, my MP. He keeps sending me emails, so I thought I would send him one back. )t'
Ilona
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Meanqueen wrote:I have sent the letter to Andrew Percy, my MP. He keeps sending me emails, so I thought I would send him one back. )t'
Ilona

Nice one Ilona. )like(
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Tomorrow is the big day ...lets hope enough MP's who care about animal welfare turn up. >fi<
If anyone wants to watch it's on Sky 504 from 11.15 am. Details of the motion HERE
barboo
Lively Laner

Post by barboo »

Good on yer girl,
Lets hope listening ears are in full working order and something gets gone.
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Firstly I want to thank everyone who contacted their MP's to attend the debate ..it has raised a lot of awareness and local councils will now have to clean up their act ....BUT there is still a long way to go. Only last week the owner of a puppy farm (licenced breeding kennels) died and the rescue I support was called in to take in the 65 dogs left behind.. even the hardiest of us were shocked at the state of the dogs rescued.
If you have the stomach to read it, read Kirsty Whyte's account of Sundays harrowing day at Many Tears Rescue.

Can I please ask you all, as I know you are all animal lovers, to keep spreading the word and help get these awful puppy farms closed down ..join Marc Abraham and Pup Aids campaign ...tell everyone who will listen that they should only buy a pup if it's seen interacting with it's mother. Every single pup born in this country should be born from a healthy well cared for mum. No dog should have to bare the horrendous conditions of a puppy farm to provide a family with a cuddly ball of fluff.

Please help spread the word and help put an end to puppy farming. )t'
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I re posted Kirsty's heartbreaking report onto my blog yesterday. Shocking pictures. I would like to see ALL breeders who make money out of animals, banned. I would like to ban all newspapers, magazines, and internet, from advertising puppies and kittens for sale. I shall keep on pushing for this.
Ilona
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I've only just seen this post, so too late to sign the petition or contact our MP. Sorry Jannie.