barboo
Lively Laner

Dont be cruel

Post by barboo »

Rain, Wind,
The darkness of the night,
2-30am and im in a Salford back alley looking for one sight,

Police sirens are echoing as they rush by,
Back alleys always seem to have piles of broken glass on the cobbled grounds "why"?

It's gone quiet and this will be of help to me
Im listening for a sound or a sight of my victim !!!!! Come on come to me,

A flash of my torch and then turn it off, But no luck so far No sight or sound Just this rain pouring down.

I know your here,
I know your there and im not leaving till i get you, "No life isn't fair"

Dog droppings, old tesco trolly and a mattress all dumped and that old cardbourd box
"Thats just moved and it's not the wind
It's now time to remember my traing "what not to do"
It might not be my vitim but a rat or two,

Should i kick the box or use my mesh mitten gloves
I'll be ready in a second or two, One flash of my light, One use of my net and my vitims caught,
His times up another unwanted pet.

As i release his little body from the net "His cries and look of fear I never get use to and always regret.

A short walk and the kittens put into the cage "he'll get fed tonight" But there's so many strays he's only got so many days,

Why oh why people can be so cruel,?
I see this sort of thing just about every night and day But thats my job
I work for the RSPCA.
BY Daniel Seamingway.
animartco
Lively Laner

Re: Dont be cruel

Post by animartco »

Hi Barbo. What a beautiful poem! It has me in tears. I have two friends in cat protection, adopting and working, and from one I heard that they re-home kittens before they are neutered. I hit the roof. I really don't think most people are responsible enough to be left to see to it themselves. They don't realise just how quickly a half grown queen can get herself pregnant. It is all very well saying that kittens should not be let out of the house until they're neutered. You've only got to leave even an upstairs window open a fraction!
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

A 3/4 week old kitten recently cried his way down our lane and settled himself by our gate. When OH opened it little ginger boy tumbled down the steps, eyes gummed and pitifully thin. Kitten seems to be used to people and dogs and had no fleas so presuming dumped by the communal bin. There may have been others but we couldn't find any.

Ten days on and we are being totally ruled by kitten double the size and even more precocious. Don't do cats, but neither do I leave them to starve to death. Lucky his eyes were just neglected and he is full of life. Seems he is with us for the long haul. Nobody admits to him locally.

No pic as photobucket has been 'improved' and I can't use it.
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

First day, how he wandered in to our lives

Eyes cleaned and full belly. Contended mini kitten.
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

A week on and he is determined to get into the chooks, but chief chook would swallow him whole. Who could throw this away?
barboo
Lively Laner

Post by barboo »

Evening all,
Im pleased you liked the poem and if you feel you'd like more just give me the wink,
Im more than sure we have so many budding writers out there and i say please please lets hear your offerings,
They can be poems "and poems dont have to rhyme,""
Or a short story, just say it how'd you'd tell a friend a true or made up one,
the idea is to enjoy what you do and offer it to others to enjoy,
Just as Richard did when he put this forum together, he worked at it and we all enjoy it, {hug&kiss} >gl<