CAT ATTACK++

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

CAT ATTACK++

Post by urbanchicks »

As some of you know I run a Boarding Cattery, today I admitted 2 cats new to me 1 is a diabetic on insulin, came to give the injection tonight and was made to an unprevoced horrrendous attack on my hands and arms, i think i will have to go and have stitches put n in tomorrow ,in 12 years I have never had such a savage attack from a cat,I am still bleeding 2 hours later, contacted the owners and they collected the cats a few minutes ago as I said I wasn't prepared to care for them and couldn't administer the insulin for the one, did I make the right descision I feel awful.

Maggie
wendy

Re: CAT ATTACK++

Post by wendy »

Please don't leave a cat bite . I am probably preaching to the converted here.
But the are incredibly dangerous and turn poisonous at the drop of a hat.
My friend was a vet nurse and washed hers with antiseptic etc. But didn't go to seek medical treatment straight away and no longer can use her wedding ring finger.
I think you were correct sending the cats back, don't beat yourself up over that. They must have know he/she was difficult with strangers giving insulin injections.
You take Care
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

Thank you so much
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

You were definitely right to send the cat home - without the insulin the cat would have died and it was impossible for you to give it under those circumstances. Don't feel bad, you did the right thing.

I agree with Wendy, please don't leave your hand, it's really important you get it checked out {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

That must have been quite a shock for you. {hug}

I too think you have done the right thing. Quite aside from anything else, you would have been worried sick about administering the injection every day.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wendy

Post by wendy »

How are you today ?
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
manda

Post by manda »

Flipping heck just saw this !!! You absolutely did the right thing..you can't not treat the cat and you can't treat if it's going to try ripping you to shreds...best decision all round Maggie.

Hope you have had it looked at ...one of ours bit me a while back (my own fault I was in a hurry trying to give a worming tablet and she objected!)...within 45 minutes it was swelling. Hope you're feeling OK today.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I agree you did exactly the right thing, sending the cat home.

How are you today? Heres a {hug} to hopefully help you feel better.
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

Thank you all for your support, today both my hands are very swollen and sore Ishall go to the Dr's tomorrow for antibiotics, supposed to be going out on Tuesday, but I don't think I will be able to drive. I feel very sorry for myself and have decided that I shall not receive diabetic cats again, I am one of the very few catteries in the Midlands that provides this service and local vets send their owners to me.

Maggie.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Maggie of course you did the right thing. I used to take my cat to a cattery and she always attacked the man yike* luckily she was like a 'cat cat' with the lady! Seriously did the owner not give any sort of instructions on how to adminster the injection? Of course the priority is now is to make sure you are alright
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/