Poorly Tigs

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Katiki
Lively Laner

Poorly Tigs

Post by Katiki »

Our cat Tigs is a tortoiseshell moggie we've had her since just after our honeymoon in 1998. A couple of xmas's ago we thought her number was up. She lost weight. A lot of weight she is a small cat anyway but is way underweight now and has been since that November of 2013.

Our vet has been wonderful she's had blood tests and has been intermittently on a type of low dose anti depressant that stimulates appetite. However her muscle mass at the back is all gone. She cannot jump. She uses her claws and front legs to climb to the sofa.

Tonight her whole back end is extremely wobbly. Sort of going sideways as she walks. She appears uncomfortable but still purrs if you scratch her ears. She doesn't look entirely safe on the arm of the sofa... Mr Kat is going to take tomorrow off work. It's my day off anyway. I'm very very fearful this could be the end of tigwallah cat. We will be waiting at the vets as they open I can't bear to see her like this. I'm dreading the morning and trying to keep her comfortable on cushions etc. she has eaten today and already has an elderly cats thirst so has water on our bedside each night. Please send her healing thoughts she is the gentlest most loving charming cat I've ever had the pleasure to meet x x x
[center][/center]Belle aka bellatrix, Fawkes, May and HedwigRIP

[center]One horse, one cat and two chinchillas.[/center]
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Poorly Tigs

Post by Gwenoakes »

I will be thinking of you all this morning. {hug}

17 is a very good age for a cat if my maths are correct. It does sound to me and I could be wrong, that maybe her kidneys are the problem with the thirst and the back end weak. What a lucky cat to have had you as lovely owners for all these years. {hug}
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Oh dear, poor Tigs. Hugs and kisses for her. My Bugsy is soldiering on at 18 years old, now camped out in the bedroom but can still get on and off the bed. We have to do our best for our pets. Love to you. {hug}
Ilona
Katiki
Lively Laner

Post by Katiki »

Well we have a new heart murmur. Some pain relief to try if she looks as uncomfortable as she did last night but we have to watch her if we use it as her kidneys weren't too good a couple of years ago. She has unfortunately list a further 80g in under a month and is down to 2.5kg. However she is much better this morning and lives to fight another day. We are close to the end I know but this reprieve is very welcome x x

Thank you for your kind words both x
[center][/center]Belle aka bellatrix, Fawkes, May and HedwigRIP

[center]One horse, one cat and two chinchillas.[/center]
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

So glad that she is feeling a bit better and for your sake, still with you.
We take these animals into our homes and hearts, knowing that their time is limited. It still hits us hard when that time is near. Hopefully she will be with you a bit longer yet. {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Glad to hear Tigs has come back home again. How is she now?

Sorry not been on here much as my puter is playing up, I could read all posts except Members as a guest, but not very often reply. Hopefully I have cracked it now, as have managed to log in properly. YAY