Beau 10mths on

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Beau 10mths on

Post by albertajune »

Seeing this scared little rescue dog from Many Tears rescue, who had been caged for 6yrs, to the little personality that he is today, is so heart warming . He had never been spoken to, never seen daylight or grass let alone have to integrate into our home of OH and self, cat and chickens. To crown that he had a dislocated knee from being a puppy which gave him a limp.

Now he runs through the field opposite us, chasing his ball. His leg has become so strong that he never limps now and never has to have pain killers as before. He is cheeky, throws his ball under the sofa, then barks for me to get it and lets me know when it's time for bed. He sleeps n the bottom of mine and stays there all night. He has become a beautiful little dog.

If anyone is doubtful of rescuing a dog, don't be. As long as you can be patient until they get an understanding of where they are, they in the main settle down beautifully.
Thought I would share a couple of photo as he is now, 10mths on.

I am now a widow and live with my memories.
manda

Re: Beau 10mths on

Post by manda »

Wow what a difference...you can just see it in him....makes you feel warm inside. Good on you June and Mr June {hug}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

manda wrote:Wow what a difference...you can just see it in him....makes you feel warm inside. Good on you June and Mr June {hug}

Thanks Manda. If someone else can see the difference that's great. :-D
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Oh June he has come on in leaps & bounds, what a cutie he is. All credit to you & hubby for how Beau is now {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
wendy

Post by wendy »

There is such a difference isn't there. Goes to show what some TLC can do.
Rescue's are a pleasure, once you win their trust.
Well done June.
{hug} {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ahhhh, how lovely June {hug} He looks so well )like(
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

The pictures are lovely June. What a lot little Beau has had to learn, he looks so healthy.

I didn't realise or I had forgoten that Beau came from Many Tears. We went to the one in Wales a few years since while staying in the area, and took two dogs out for a walk. What a beautiful place it is I used to go on the website frequently but it is several months now since I have popped in. When we lost Nation I made enquiries about the shelties which were in there, but was told that we could not take one rescue dog as we had no dog at home to teach it. I would have loved to have given one of them a home, but we have only had one dog for the past five years, and didn't want to increase the number.

All the best to little Beau. He has a good home, and I'm sure he is giving you so much in the way of love, fun and companionship.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Hi Spreckly. The rescue org usually like a dog to be already in the home to show the newby the ropes. With Beau it was decided that he was suitable as an only dog, mainly because it was considered at the time that he only wanted gentle exercise and a quiet life. It was never envisaged that his leg would ever be strong enough to run around with other dogs and chase his ball. He was at first in foster with 2 other dogs but wasn't interested in playing with them.
I think that there are at times other dogs in the same situation. Such a shame you couldn't rescue the dog of your choice at the time.
Isn't the web site a sad place to visit. Especially when looking at the posters than can be downloaded.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

All the dog programmes tug at my heartstrings, but Many Tears imho do a wonderful work.