My baby!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: My baby!

Post by Spreckly »

Oh jemberelli, just read your post about Lollie being moved on. Do hope she settles well. What a shock for you, but you say that you feel happy with her new home. Do you know where in Yorkshire she is? We live in East Yorkshire, near the coast.

What a good thing that you used Labradors in Need, at least Lollie hasn't been dumped on people who are more unsuitable than the last ones.

We still are in contact with Angel's previous owner, and also (but I confess not lately), are in touch with the lady in Holland who was the owner before one.

{hug} {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

The annoying is thathe was fully aware that Lollie is a chewer! I told him on the phone before we took her and when we got there, the first thing she did was go for his slippers! I tol him & the children that if they left the remote, shoes, glasses around etc that she would eat them! We adapted to it and things were tidied away, remotes etc put in baskets under the coffee table, that sort of thing but they clearly weren't prepared to adapt to life with a bonkers labrador!

We don't know where in Yorkshire she is Spreckly - hubby is from Huddersfield where I spent many years and I am originally from North Yorkshire so in a silly way we are chuffed that she is in "God's Own County" :-D

We just hope that there is no more bad news, poor Lollie doesn't deserve to pushed from pillar to post, none of this is her fault and I still feel so guilty about it all. Hopefully the next we will hear is that the lady has officially adopted her and she is settled into her new forever home at last. {cry}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I too have only just caught up on your news of Lollie being moved on. Such an upsetting time for you when you thought that she was settled. It does sound that it may be a good thing that she is now in a new home with someone who wants her for good.

It is great that she has sent you photos, which must be so reassuring, and what could be better for a lively dog than lots of land to run around on. She probably chewed because she was bored and maybe a bit stressed in the first re home. It sounds as though she may now have found the best for ever home with a lady that really loves her dogs and a companion to spend her days with. )t'

I feel for you so much as I care for my pets so much as you do, so think you was very brave and a loving "mum" to think of Lollie long term. {hug} {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Thanks June & everyone for your kind words {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Jem - Angel at two years of age is still a chewer. Last week I found that she could get to the sideboard via a chair, something she has not tried before. We remove all paperwork, TV controls, I mean, you just do, don't you, for their safety, and the poor bewildered things don't know what they can and can't have. When I look back to Angel's first few weeks and months with us, I cannot begin to understand what she must have been going through - we were her fourth home in eighteen months.

I do hope that Lollie's new owner continues to keep you updated, that eventually you gain peace of mind and that your pain lessens. {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Ah poor Angel, she has really fallen on her feet now Spreckly! Lollie was 2 just before she went - some dogs just chew don't they? Like you say, you adapt. They clearly didn't want to! So glad Angel has settled with you and has a happy forever home, it's all we can hope for! {hug}
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hope all is well with Lolly, Jem, and that you are adapting. {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Hi Spreckly, we're getting there. Still hurts a lot & I still have the odd cry but we're talking about her without me bawling now! We didn't expect to hear any more seeing as she is officially not ours anymore but today I was texted a photo of her running loose on the beach with her Lab friend. We had always wanted to take her to the beach but never made it so it was lovely to see her enjoying it. The lady said that she absolutely loved it, even in the rain! I assume this means she is in East Yorkshire - either your neck of the woods, Brid/Scarborough way or down towards Hull. We were so happy to get the photo today!
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

So glad you are getting more info/piccies, Jem. They sound like very lovely people who I guess might know what you are going through. {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Gwen {hug}