Said goodbye to 'Big Ron'

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
manda

Re: Said goodbye to 'Big Ron'

Post by manda »

Oh Richard...so sad to hear this but as already said the only decision you could make... {hug}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Katiee
Lively Laner

Post by Katiee »

So does this mean you don't have your last chuck now, Richard? {hug}
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Thanks.

My chicken is still going, don't know how !

I have to admit the RSPCA have an 11 year old cat who can't find a home.
I must think hard on this though.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Katiee
Lively Laner

Post by Katiee »

Go for it......... :-D :-D
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Sorry to hear about Big Ron Dickie.

Will a knew cat mean less time away in the van? if that isn't a problem then I don't see why you shouldn't give an elderly cat a home.
Bah Humbug
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

So sorry to hear your sad news, Richard. Sending you a gentle {hug}

As a true animal lover you did what was best for Big Ron, like has been said quality of life is everything in my honest opinion.

When Bella our Staffie was pts a year this last November, I decided that there would be no more. Lots of people couldnt understand why I made that decision and it was for my own personal reasons, just couldnt cope with anymore losses, so purely selfish if I am honest.

RIP Big Ron and take care, Richard. {hug&kiss}
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Richard wrote:
I have to admit the RSPCA have an 11 year old cat who can't find a home.
I must think hard on this though.

Richard

Yes think hard. I had a plan to enjoy my freedom when my oldies passed on, but what did I do? Twice a mum with four kittens came into our rescue, the pens were full so I had them here while the kittens were growing. Several weeks later the kittens had new homes, and I kept the two mums. Well they had got used to the place and seemed to like it. Then to make matters worse, I took on an old dog as well, so I'm back to square one. Good job I have a very good friend close by who will see to the animals when I go away, but I don't like to ask too often.

I am fine about staying at home during the winter months, but I know come spring I will be itching to get off out and about. What would be ideal is to have a partner or house sharing person to give me some freedom. As I have always lived alone, and I cant be bothered with all the other stuff that comes with a having a partner, I don't think that will happen.

Richard, by all means get an oldie cat if you have systems in place to cater for them when you are not there. They are easy to look after, food, water, bed, they sort themselves out. If I was a homebird I would happily take on more, it's such a shame that a lot of older animals in rescues are unlikely to find a forever home, very sad.

Best wishes, Ilona
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww sorry Richard {hug} what a great character he was
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks.

Cats are less problem than the chickens to be honest. I have a ladyfriend who looks after things when I'm away to wherever.

We'll see. Get all the Christmas thing over with first, but poor Ginger is really down, he keeps sitting by the cat flap and sits on the bench where Ron sat.

Really upsets me.

Pets !!!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

{hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} to you both
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I'm so sorry to hear about Big Ron and so sympathise with how you feel, Richard. I can't think of any clever words to make you feel better or else I'd write volumes. Can only send {hug&kiss} to you and Ginger.
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

I was sorry to read this. I'm even sorrier that I missed it before and asked the stupid, tactless question.

The time will come when you will only smile when you remember Big Ron. Go with your heart, when thinking about the 11 year old rescue. We all know that you will have everything in place that the newbie will need and with a reliable cat-sitter the only thing to consider is whether you want to do it or not.

I'd better check now in case I've missed a post saying "got it" or "not getting it".
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi

Don't worry, I didn't ee anything and quite understandable, not everyone looks at every category.

Thank you. Poor Ginger is feeling very sad for himself.

I am putting any decisions on hold until the new year.

As for Big Ron........loved him to bits.

Richard x