Best cat litter

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Best cat litter

Post by Gwenoakes »

for cats that have asthma, if anyone knows, please.

Molly who is 16 has been diagnosed last night with what the vet thinks is poss asthma and as she doesn't go out much, especially in the winter needs to use the tray frequently.

I feel slightly guilty as we have been using wood shavings to cut costs, so feel that may have increased/added to the problem if I am honest.

Any help would be great. I will do some research on line, but not yet as really busy. Thanks guys.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Best cat litter

Post by Mo »

Cheapest is the good old fashioned earth tray. But you need a biggish garden for fresh earth. I use molehills
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
nicklincs
Lively Laner

Post by nicklincs »

Its not cheap, but you can get paper pellet cat litter now and its dust free.
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

There are so many out there it is ridiculous, including pink for little ladies!! Look on the pets at home website. I use the pelleted wood but that might not be good. I would think a good clumping one might be dust free.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I personally use clay based clumping litter, the cheaper the better. There is one like silicon pellets but I have never tried it, not sure how absorbent it is.
Ilona
manda

Post by manda »

Sorry didn't see this...don't know if the crystal type cat litters would be good for her. They're highly absorbent and low odour.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny