Poorly Beau my dog.

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Poorly Beau my dog.

Post by albertajune »

Been to the vet this morning with Beau. Poor little fella has spent the nigh walking round in circles and just couldn't relax. Tongue out, tail down, so obvious had some pain. He has been diagnosed with a moderate tummy condition of some sort and has been given 3 injections, two of which were antibiotic and pain relief. I was told he might feel sleepy but at the moment an hour later he is still walking and swaying on his feet . I wish he would relax soon, then I can. If he doesn't improve or get worse I then have to get to another branch of the vet which is a good car drive away. My sister is my normal help at times like this as I don't drive but has just fractured her hip and had it replaced.

My pets, whatever they are, always seem to need vet treatment at weekends or bank holidays. Luckily my vet does open for 1hr on Sat morning so the bill was as normal for week day visits.

What is that saying about it never rains but pours!!

I am now a widow and live with my memories.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Poorly Beau my dog.

Post by jemberelli »

Oh poor Beau and poor you! I do hope he settles soon so that you can both relax a bit! Big hugs {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Only just seen your thread June, so do hope that by now (1.45pm), Beau has settled somewhat, and that the vets get to the root of the problem.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh June, poor Beau {hug} I hope he is feeling a little more relaxed now {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

He has stopped pacing around and now having a sleep. One of the injections that he had was a type of morphine so doing what it should do. Not interested in food but drinking so that is alright but just praying that he just has a tummy upset and not something more serious.
Don't you feel so helpless when you can't help your pets! Since being on my own and not being able to drive, it has made me feel so frustrated that so many places are not easily accessible. I have a local vet, but the vet hospital to do with the vet is no where near me so I have to rely on peoples goodness in times of need. Fingers crossed he will be no worse tomorrow so won't have to go there.

I've even thought should I get him rehomed but this is his first home after his 6yrs on a puppy farm and I honestly can't see him settling anywhere else, besides which I would miss him terribly. Feeling a bit depressed and useless.
wendy

Post by wendy »

The trouble is they cannot tell you the problem.
Hopefully it is just a bout of colic or similar. But tummy problems can be painful. It is good that he is now sleeping, as sometimes a good sleep, often, helps a great deal.

You are bound to worry, as you have no one to bounce the problems off, I know.

I did think of rehoming Dave at one time, as he was so miserable and I felt I couldn't help him out of it. But we made our way through that and I don't know what I would do without him. He is the reason I get up everyday.

Relax you are doing the very best for Beau and I am sure your neighbours won't mind taking you both, if they feel he is unwell.

Hopefully next time you post. It will be that he is a little better

{hug} {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Bailey had a bad tummy a couple of months back, and honestly, I was so worried about her, especially as she wouldn't let me near her. She was getting better, then relapsed so I rushed her to the vet. Injections and special food for three days, and ta da!!

So fingers crossed for Beau x
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

He is much better this morning. Not back to normal but a great improvement so I think I can relax. Also need to get the vacuum cleaner out as Beau or the cat like it so I've let it go. Even the sun appearing for the first time since I don't know when makes such a difference. Thanks for words of encouragement. {hug}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

So pleased to hear that Beau is brighter June {hug}
Helen xx

Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Good news June

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
wendy

Post by wendy »

)like(
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Pleased to read Beau's update, June.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Great news, so glad he is improving. Must be a weight off your mind {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

How is Beau getting on June?
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

He is just about back to his normal self.It was a bit hard to tell earlier in the week as he doesn't like the heat. As he tears down the field for his early walk and is enjoying food, I would say nothing to worry about )like(