Hope.

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Hope.

Post by lancashire lass »

{hug} it sounds like you are working wonders with her, well done. And she looks such a lovely dog in that photo.

Out of interest, what are zoomies?

wendy wrote:No interest, but she is a black dog and they are much harder to rehome. Three out of my four are black

very odd :? I wonder if its because people think the dog hairs shed everywhere will look more noticeable. Having had a "mostly white" dog (Jack Russell) and a "black" dog (a Heinz 57/mainly Bearded Collie), I thought the white hairs showed up more than the black hairs ...
wendy

Post by wendy »

Ha ha.
Zoomies is an expression Greyhound and Lurcher people have.
To explain the absolutely mad running around and around, so fast they nearly fall over themselves. Just the joy of running. Now that Hope gets regular off lead running her mad moments are only a few minutes now.

Black cats also have more of a problem with being rehomed. I don't think it is anything to do with shedding. People just seem not to notice them.
Every rescue will tell you the same. Such a shame because they are just a dog like all the others.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

wendy wrote:Black cats also have more of a problem with being rehomed.

Actually, I think I could perhaps understand that on a sort of superstitious level. My last cat was black and I have to confess that if and when I decide to get another, I wasn't thinking of getting another but only because of the memories. Like-wise, I couldn't get a ginger cat - because my old cat had a beating from one when he was young and thereafter when he was all grown up and the neighbourhood "king cat", he really didn't like ginger cats. I'd feel like I was betraying him if I got one LOL Stupid I know
wendy

Post by wendy »

Hope went to her new home 2 weeks ago.
Fingers crossed.
Her new Mum should be bringing her to the classes tomorrow .
It will be lovely to see her.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Well done and really good news and once again, everything crossed here.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

excellent news )app(
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Good to hear her new owners are continuing the good work you started, hope all goes well and no favouritism during training classes!! )t'
"Not all those who wander are lost"