Cats getting stuck

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Cats getting stuck

Post by Richard »

Just read the henhouses lovely story about her cat - great stuff.

I wondered if you have any 'cat got stuck' stories along with the consequences.

On another thread you'll see we have the occasional Mouse around the House which makes my three sit side by side staring at the Kitchen Units because they can hear the scampering around behind.

Last year, Mimi (small brain), upon seeing I had foolishly left the Sink Unit door open, climbed in and got through the small hole at the back I had made to reach the Water Stopcock.

Rather than try to get out the hole, she got under the base shelf (the plinth can't be removed from the outiside) and stayed there like a lemon.

The end of the tale is, I had to take out the whole sink unit which meant emptying it, taking the plumbing off, screws out of the wall and sliding out to release her.

Whole job - about three hours.

Needless to say, as soon as she got out, she went straight onto the Sofa and went to sleep, cobwebs and all.

Any stories ?
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Cat went up the loft ladders once and because we didn't see him we shut the loft hatch. Later on there's footsteps in the loft, is a rat up there? has a squirrel got up there? The kids were too scared to look so brave hubby went up and there is Beckham our big daft puss (lives up to his namesake) saying 'please let me out'.
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

My friend has a 4 year old son. He's getting a little more independent now, and can even make himself a cheese spread sandwich. However he often forgets to shut the fridge door. So his mum sighed,slammed the fridge door shut and reminded her son for the 100dreth time to shut the fridge door. Half an hour later she made a cup of tea. When she got the milk out of the fridge out jumped the cat!!!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Our previous cats have been very good at opening doors. Socks even scratched at the carpet outside a closed door in the hope of springing it open. Pat is useless. He goes into rooms and can't get out again, then, ages later there's a plaintive meow as we walk past.
essentialequine
Lively Laner

Post by essentialequine »

one of our's one got shut in the horse lorry, thank goodness I saw her at the window or she would have probably died as she would have been shut in for a week before I next used it, I now make sure there are no cats in the lorry when I close it up as they love it and make a bee line staight for it as soon as a door is open.
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

My eldest cat completely broke the catflap a few months ago. We were in bed at the time and we heard this almighty crashing and struggling and went rushing down. The cat was in the hall panting like mad and looking freaked and the catflap was in pieces around the back door! I dunno what had happened to her, but the flap was completely broken.

There was also a squirrel up the chimney once and when my husband lit the stove and opened the door, the squirrel shot out with its tail on fire! My husband and father in law managed to put it out and then let it out the back door! :shock:
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

Angus my first cat had a habit of getting into the car if I left the window open when it was on the drive. I would then go out, and half way up the road find him climbing out of the back to sit on the front dash, watching where we were going!
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
yorkielass
Lively Laner

Post by yorkielass »

An elderly neighbour of mine fitted a new cat flap on his back door. When he got up next morning there were 7 cats in his kitchen :shock: He had fitted it the wrong way round, they could get in but couldn't get back out :-D
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Felix got shut in the tractor workshop last week. He gets up on the tractor and has an old coat to sleep on , on the seat. The tractor being covered with a large sheet, Felix went unnoticed until the next morning. Boy was he glad to be let out and made short work of his breakfast )c+
Looove chucks!
vyxxn
Lively Laner

Post by vyxxn »

Not strictly a cat story but when I came back to Britain ( used to live abroad ) I went to my brother's house where he was installing a cat flap - he did this with an axe !!!!!
There was a bit of blood - but not much :razz:
thehenhouse
Lively Laner

Post by thehenhouse »

Yoda on clever cat thread.. once got stuck in the attic for 3 days!! we had opened the door to look at the hot water cylinders and she snook in.. didnt meiow to get out or anything.. we were really worried about her and put posters up etc.. asking all the neighbours..if they had seen her..

And bingo went to check the hot water thingy again and out she bounded no worse for it.. went straight - outside no wonder!!!then back to the couch like nothing had happened.

Next day there she was at the door upstairs again asking to go back in!!!! to the attic.. not so clever owners or cat that time..

Maggi xxx