Dudley

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
wendy

Dudley

Post by wendy »

A photo at last.

Here is Dudley, my new little NAWT dog. He is very stressed and is losing hair through worry.

I will see if I can help him through it
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: Dudley

Post by mrs boodles »

Oh Wendy poor dog, he looks so worried, good luck with him.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

That little pleading face brings me to tears. Poor little love.

Ilona
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

He does look worried, Wendy. He is in the best hands with you.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Please give Dudley a cuddle from me. Poor boy does look stressed. Really hope you can help him.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I just love Staffies but they just dont seem to do kennels very well. He looks lovely, Wendy. Do you know why he is in there or how old he is? He remind me quite a lot of our lovely Bella we lost.
wendy

Post by wendy »

He is a year old Gwen.
Don't know his circumstances at the moment.
I will as time goes on. Just need to make him feel safe.

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi does he talk ....
Mine does .
Tells me in a funny voice , food , walk , bed .
Never WATCH OUT THERE IS A BURGALAR ABOUT>>>>>
Bob
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

Why is it there are so many homeless Staffies? You only have to look at the rescue sites.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Grannyof4 wrote:Why is it there are so many homeless Staffies? You only have to look at the rescue sites.

Sadly they are still being bred to an excess, while others are in rescue. The puppies are sometimes given away for a tin of tobacco etc. So they are not valued. People are in rented rooms and get them and then have to move ...can't take it with them.
They are the 'in' breed and once past the puppy stage they are thrown away.
Far, far too many dogs, full stop, in rescue/ But mainly staffs

Not certain if he talks Bob, as today is the first day I meet him properly.

Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

At the risk of upsetting people I would also say that often a certain type of person owns this dog to enhance their own ‘street cred’ and 'status' they think it makes them look impressive, threatening and worthy of respect, the Staffy is simply an accessory used to enhance their (imagined) status. Readily discarded by them at the first sign of having to be a responsible dog owner.

The Staffy's reputation is a shame as they make an easygoing, friendly and loyal family pet. My partners daughter has one and he is a right lovable chap.

)run( )run( )run(
"Not all those who wander are lost"
wendy

Post by wendy »

You have no need to run away. I agree entirely.
For some reason they have this 'hard' image. Which, as you know, if so far from the truth.
They are a sunny, loyal little dog, who are sadly abused. a lot

I have been with him for an hour today. His skin problem is awful. This photograph tells you nothing. As it must have been taken when he first came in. He has a coat on permanently, because it is cold. But he has NO hair on the whole of the underside of his body. He only wears a collar when he goes out, as he has a nasty sore on his neck.
His poor little Willy is red raw. The skin around his ears is also red and lacking hair.
Frightened of everything, very much like Valentina when I first had her.
I walked him round the field to start with, But he was very insecure in an open space. So we just took it at his pace. I then went into a training room, pulled the two armchairs together and we sat in an armchair each. Discussing our lives. He relaxed and eventually laid his head into me. {cry} I did tell him I am here to be his friend until he leaves and he will realised that in time.
Please all pray to your God that he feels less stressed. Poor little man.

mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Definitely agree with you Trevor and Wendy about staffies and street cred. Where I used to live it was very much like that. I h ave to say I was put off staffies when the one the drug dealer who lived next door to me ran down the road with my cat in its mouth. The daughter I live with has a staffie x lurcher and she is so soppy, I love her to bits.

Wendy, I admire you very much. You care so much about the dogs and so good with them, with you they blossom.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Trev62 wrote:The Staffy's reputation is a shame as they make an easygoing, friendly and loyal family pet. My partners daughter has one and he is a right lovable chap

When I was growing up, a friend of the family had a Staffy and she was a soppy thing and friendly with a whip like tail wagging all the time (also, I remember her having a really solid body (not fat), and she could bulldoze her way through anything) Their reputation is because they resemble the banned group of dogs such as pit bull terriers.

wendy wrote:I have been with him for an hour today. His skin problem is awful. This photograph tells you nothing. As it must have been taken when he first came in. He has a coat on permanently, because it is cold. But he has NO hair on the whole of the underside of his body. He only wears a collar when he goes out, as he has a nasty sore on his neck.
His poor little Willy is red raw. The skin around his ears is also red and lacking hair.
Frightened of everything ...

I then went into a training room, pulled the two armchairs together and we sat in an armchair each. Discussing our lives. He relaxed and eventually laid his head into me. {cry}

so sad {cry} I will admit that if I were to re-home a dog (not anytime soon I might add while I work full-time), a Staffy would not be my automatic first choice but I might reconsider.
wendy

Post by wendy »

I have found out today.
He was found tied to a park bench.
So he was dumped. Poor little boy