Make friends, walk a dog

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Make friends, walk a dog

Post by Meanqueen »

I have walked various dogs for several people in my village over the years. I walked Rocky, then he came to live with me until he died. I've decided not to have another dog, but still continue to walk dogs for friends on an 'as and when', basis. People know me round here, they expect to see me with a dog, and I sometimes get asked if I can help out. I like it that way and I don't want the commitment of walking one every day.

I've been walking Jade for four weeks because the regular walker went away. Then he came back, now he has gone away again. I did another week and said I would try and find a new walker for Jade. Success, I found a lovely lady to do it, a real dog lover who is happy to do every day.

On Tuesday I'm going to take Bailey the poodle out, his owner is elderly and still walks him twice a day, but she is going out for lunch so I will do the afternoon walk. She leaves coffee and biscuits out for me, I always sit with him for half an hour after the walk and read the paper.

I would say, if you haven't got a dog and fancy walking one, offer to walk a friends dog, or a neighbours. I know loads of people and dogs in my village. It's a great way to be sociable. :-D

Ilona
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Re: Make friends, walk a dog

Post by Grannyof4 »

There is a site Borrow My Dog which is for people who are happy to walk, cuddle a dog for free.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yes nothing like dog walking lol

Borrow my dog is great for someone to do dog walking.

But to be honest, never go in it as an owner. A couple of owners have regular walker who would not give the dog back....lots of heartache and money
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

That's horrendous Wendy.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

neighbour takes mine out over the woods . she is 72 and she enjoys her favourite girls .
She helps when I am out racing /working . I return by doing jobs like screwing up bits ,electric meter reading and odd jobs with in my capabilities .
Bob