Dog and / or Fox question

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Dog and / or Fox question

Post by Richard »

[center]Image[/center]

Hi,

As most of you know this is Daphne my resident Fox who, since injuring her leg last Autumn, I have been feeding daily.

She had Cubs some weeks ago....

She has been seen with her two Cubs in the small field next to the end house down the Lane, yet when she comes here for a feed, she's always alone (at present around 7pm).

My question is....

Why aren't the Cubs following her?
Is there 'dog language' where they're told by the Mother to "Stay"?

Be interested to know.

Thanks, Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Re: Dog and / or Fox question

Post by Trev62 »

Not sure about "Fox language" but I understood fox cubs stayed close to the den until @ 12 weeks of age when they begin to follow the vixen out and about to locate food, so they may arrive yet looking for that tasty snack.

Hopefully you will have your camera ready for that scenario as it would make a lovely picture.
"Not all those who wander are lost"
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

What a stunning photo of Daphne )like(
Remember Eddie? Well I think he is Edwina! She comes up for food every night and is even waiting for me at 5.00am for breakfast. A few night ago the cutest little cub came up with her, looked far too tiny to be out on its own. Eddie grabbed some food and ushered the cub away. She is getting very brave, almosts steps on my feet now!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Blimey Sandy Fox and Chickens , That I do not encourage , cannot stop but not in my garden .
Bob
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Fabulous photo of Daphne. I must admit I like to see foxes and feel sorry that they have to come into urban areas nowadays to survive ... but I don't want to see any in my garden (I wouldn't sleep at night).