Our Rescue cat being naughty at the moment

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Our Rescue cat being naughty at the moment

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hi everyone. I have previously posted about our rescue cat, Oscar. Just wondered if anyone could give any advice on this issue. We introduced him to our two other house cats, one male and one female very slowly and it all went very well indeed. Then after a couple of months he started chasing our male cat, not fighting just chasing. We did the usual things, i.e. bought Feliway and a spot on calmer and sprayed him with water each time he went to chase him. A couple of weeks later, it all stopped and everything was fine. Oscar always got on with the female cat well. Until recently. He has now started chasing her whenever he sees her, so back to the Feliway etc. They are house cats so I know they are a bit restricted and can be a bit territorial, but we know they CAN all live together well as we had always left them the run of the house together and even when we went away on holiday (a lady comes in the look after them), they were absolutely fine. He has just got it into his head now to chase Lucy. He is fine with other other male cat now, the best of friends, so I think this is, hopefully, some sort of bad phase. Any one got any ideas? Thank you.
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Re: Our Rescue cat being naughty at the moment

Post by Grannyof4 »

I adore cats but the thought of 3 house cats...........Was Oscar a house cat before you took him on? If not perhaps he just gets spells of boredom. Is he a young cat? When I moved 19 months ago I just had 1 cat and she was 17yrs old then so becoming a house cat was not a problem as she wasn't going out very much anyway. Sadly I lost her 3 months ago and am not going down the route of any more cats. I now live too near a main road.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi is it play time or fighting . My 3 cats are always tumblimg around and jumping out on each other as they pass by. Have you seen what happens when they catch up.
Bob
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hi Bob - I don't think he is playing as he bushes his tail up. He is however a gentle cat (generally) and once he has given chase he leaves alone and has never fought. Think he is being a bit territorial now that he has got his paws under the table. He has stopped it completely with our other male cat now so we are hoping for the same with Lucy. Lucy is quite feisty and normally she would give him a good bash (think that's what he needs from her) but for some reason she runs off, hence the chase. Last couple of days (I'm touching wood like mad now) have not been too bad so I'm hoping it's wearing off. They have all lived in harmony before so I can see no reason why they shouldn't again. Who knows what goes on in their little minds. Giving him as much fresh air and playout time as possible and they have lots of toys and the Feliway's plugged in!!!