My dog bit me

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
wendy

Re: My dog bit me

Post by wendy »

I doubt it is the raw food.
It may be a particular food that makes her breath smell.
My dogs have always had tripe every other day and 'other' meats between. But Luca get bad breath if I do that with him. So he only has it about twice a week.
I would speak to the vet before giving any medication of that type.

How has this come around to her food when her nipping you was the problem >coc<
She has had a lot going on with eye ulcers etc and was probably fed up, as said.
Just read the leaflet and make sure she isn't fed up with being messed about.
Don't overthink Lyn {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

Thanks Wendy.

Yes overthinking is an issue with me! I think we got from Daisy nipping me to her tummy as I mentioned about her eye and her bad breath and lip licking and the conclusion was that it was her tummy issues that possibly caused the nipping rather than any behavioural problems. The only reason I thought about the raw food was when someone said it alters the PH of their stomach if they are raw fed and given antacids too, something I've never heard of. Last night she woke us both up pacing up and down our bedroom floor licking her lips, it's just so weird :?
Lyn

Post by Gwenoakes »

I think that possibly, Wendy may be able to confirm this, that if a dog is stressed it can have bad breath.
Teddy, Clare's GS gets stressed when she leaves him - a reeeeal Mummy's boy - and we have noticed that his breath smells then, but not at other times and his teeth are absolutely brill. Just a thought, but is she stressed by anything at all?
wendy

Post by wendy »

Stress shows itself in a multitude of ways, sadly.
Dogs and people.
If she is lip licking then she is worried about something..
I think she needs to see the vet, as all these things are out of character.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

We went back to the vet this evening. Still can't find anything wrong with her so he's prescribed some Omeprazole capsules and given her some food that looks like rice krispies! Have to try that for 2wks to see if things change. If they don't then they will probably want to investigate further. An endoscopy is £2,000 apparently and it seems that as she has a history of digestive issues that her insurance won't cover that as it's all related so not covered on her current policy.

We can usually tell when she is stressed. We've just been to my son's house and they have Molly the year old cavalier and Daisy really doesn't get along with her and shows her stress by salivating so much that her face is wet. She didn't lick her lips at all for the whole 2hrs we were though, which makes me think the lip licking is perhaps related to her stomach, but I guess giving her the meds and new food will tell whether that's the case or not. Can't say I'm happy to be giving her a food with carbs in it but as it's only short term I'm sure it won't do any harm!
Lyn