Lexi's Aqua Pawz

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Lexi's Aqua Pawz

Post by Gwenoakes »

Canine Hydrotherapy and Rehabilitation Centre is up and running at long last.

We can be found on FB under Lexi's Aqua Pawz.

If I am not allowed to put this up Mods, please delete and accept my apologies.
wendy

Re: Lexi's Aqua Pawz

Post by wendy »

Yay,
I am the only mod on at the moment
Can't see a problem )grin2(
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I have got no objections if a long standing member, and experienced animal lover, wants to offer treatment which will enhance the life of someone's beloved pet. Good on you, Gwenoakes, I hope you are super busy. )t'

Ilona
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Great news Gwen i wish you all the best for a lovely, sucssesful, sp? and very satisfying new career, :-D
Something tells me you will make a heck of a difference to whichever much loved and lucky pets pass through your doors )like(
)c( )c( Lindaxx
Ps l love the name Lexi will be very proud xxxxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

)like( I had a peek on FB and it looks great. Don't know about a therapy for dogs - looks like it might make a great indoor pool for people too LOL. Good luck with your new venture >fi<
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks very much everyone.
It is not me going into this new venture, but Clare our daughter. It has been something she has wanted to do ever since we had all the probs with Lexi and we had to look at hydro for her. We are firm believers that something good can and does come out of something nasty and that is the reason she has called it Lexi's Aqua Pawz as a tribute to a wonderful dog that had so many problems. Even now after all this time I am sitting here blubbering when I think of her............
This has been set up with the things that Clare wanted in a hydro when she was taking Lexi, but never got, i.e. owners being able to walk round the pool to encourage dogs to swim more, just one ramp down into pool so that dogs do not have to twist and turn going up and then down a ramp, which she felt would increase the pain in an animal that already had a health/pain issue. Lots of thought even including a waiting/reception room.
She has offered 3 free swim sessions for 2 dogs at a local vet who is having an auction of things on the 20th, the proceeds of which will go to an animal charity.
I will let you into a secret LL, Chloe our Grandaughter has already been in for several swims.
wendy

Post by wendy »

)like(

Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Sounds good Gwen. We have a hydro at the kennels here in the village. I took my friends dog once when she was busy. It had one ramp, and two sides to watch from. The man was in the pool with the dog (labrador) but I can't remember if he got in first, or they went in together. He massaged the dogs joints under the water.

Ilona
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

It sounds like Clare has put her heart and soul into creating the best possible experience for pets and their people and with an attidude like that her patients have got an advantege straight away )like(

Well done and all the best for this exciting new adventure that you are all embracing {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks everyone.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hope it is a huge success Gwen.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thank you Spreckly, the auction was last night so do not know how much was raised or anything as yet. I don't do FB so will wait for Clare to tell me.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Well, we are still having delays with things. The car signage is being done tomorrow (Tues) been waiting well over a month for that, also the posters for an open day should be ready. Have had some embroidery done on the back of some tops, but still need more doing. We are having a table at a fete which is local to us where it concentrates on dogs and doggy things, i.e. dog training, scent training, and the likes, so progress is being made.
We will be having three separate monthly ads in a magazine called Simply Spalding which the first month coincides with the spotlight being on Donington, the village where we live and also we will be able to have a small editorial where we can mention the open day on 28th July. The wording on the editorial can be altered by us for the next two editions so that is good.
Hopefully by late summer everything will be done and dusted. It has been a looooong, looooong haul to be honest.
Someone bid for the swims that Clare donated at a local vets, but to date no one has rung up over them which I must admit I find quite puzzling, but hey ho.......
wendy

Post by wendy »

Sounds like everything is coming together.
Always fraught starting a new venture {hug}

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Clare has had a Great Dane in the pool weighing 83kgs I think she said. He was huge, but an absolutely gorgeous boy.
Makes Teddy look a bit of a light weight with his 46kgs. LOL