Beau very poorly as well as Mistie

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Beau very poorly as well as Mistie

Post by albertajune »

My poor little Beau is at this moment in a vet hospital with what has been diagnosed with hepatitis. There is also a problem with his gall bladder. He became sick yesterday, or showed the first signs of it and went to the vet yesterday afternoon. He was taken straight to the vets hospital and is on antibiotics and being given fluid for hydration. He had bloods tests and a scan which showed no sign of cancer in the liver but an enlarged gall bladder which can be a problem. I will know more of the situation when the vet phones me today.
My cat Mistie goes back to the vet on Thursday to see how the growth on her mamory gland is. She seems happy enough in herself but not eating nearly enough and the growth must be uncomfortable as it is near her back leg.
I feel absolutely shattered at having them both so sick, especially as they will be my last pets. {cry}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Re: Beau very poorly as well as Mistie

Post by amber66 »

Hello Albertajune.
I am so sorry to hear that Beau and Mistie are not too well at the moment. I have my fingers crossed for you and will be thinking of you and them. {hug}
Amber.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

No words, June just loads of {hug} {hug} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}
wendy

Post by wendy »

My goodness me, poor you.
How did Beau get that ? anyway he is in the best place, hopefully he will be back home soon.
Poor Maisie, I hope there is good news when you go {hug} {hug} {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I have no idea Wendy how he picked up the infection. I have done a bit of research and it is usually passed through the urine and poo of other animals. Where we walk are deer and Beau does like to get his nose everywhere. A real little sniffer.
Anyway he is still on a drip, quite happy and contented in his kennel but not eating and won't be tempted by anything. I don't drive and there is no way I can get to see him. as where he has been sent is a few miles away. Hope he doesn't feel abandoned bless him. I can't stop thinking of him and just keep willing him to eat something. Hopefully tomorrow!
wendy

Post by wendy »

I am sure he isn't feeling like eating, but as long as he is drinking that is fine, for now.
I am surprised they don't pick up more things, they are always grubbing round in revolting stuff !
Sorry I called your cat Maisie...I did mean Mistie {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

wendy wrote:I am sure he isn't feeling like eating, but as long as he is drinking that is fine, for now.
I am surprised they don't pick up more things, they are always grubbing round in revolting stuff !
Sorry I called your cat Maisie...I did mean Mistie {hug}

:-D
manda

Post by manda »

{hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw June I do hope your Beau and Mistie will be okay, it must be so hard for you and losing your Rosie so recently. Sending you lots of {hug&kiss} you make sure you look after yourself as well x
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

So sorry to hear your news June. It's awful when our pets are poorly and to have both Beau and Mistie ill together must be so worrying. I am keeping everything crossed for both of them and you. Take care and I hope you will be able to post some good news soon.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Still keeping everything crossed and thinking of you. {hug}
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Oh June - how worrying for you, and not being able to get to see Beau either. I do hope both Beau and Mistie make a good recovery. Thinking of you, and sending you lots of hugs. {hug} {hug}
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I have just heard from the vet and Beau can come home this afternoon. He started eating last evening and also this morning so on the up. Quite a bit of medication to come home with him but he will be pleased to be home as will I.
As for Mistie, took her to the vet this morning. Her growth although large has got no larger but she has lost weight. She is eating very little, this being the reason I took her to the vet in the first place. The original vet had said she had a bad tooth but it appears that the tooth is not bad but cracked and her guns inflamed. This is coming out in the morning so fingers crossed it helps her appetite.
Whew!!! and thanks for all the support of forum friends. {hug}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Glad to hear it is better news all round, June. Take care. {hug}
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Gwenoakes wrote:Glad to hear it is better news all round, June. Take care. {hug}

Thanks Gwen. Home now but very quiet. 3 lots of antibiotics and a blood test in 7 days.