Anyone used Bought By Many Insurance

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Anyone used Bought By Many Insurance

Post by Gwenoakes »

for dogs/cats?

Was looking for insurance companies for pets who do not need a Canine Hydrotherapist to be NARCH registered and came across these people. They have a 4.7% recommendation, although I do not totally go on this, but what interested me was that they in certain circumstances insure pre-existing conditions and can give a discount if you have not claimed during 12 months.

They deal with other things too, like public liability for small businesses which could interest me in the future if we keep on working.

I know not many people seem to be on the forum at the mo, but would appreciate any comments/thoughts.
wendy

Re: Anyone used Bought By Many Insurance

Post by wendy »

Never heard of them . But I don't insure my pets anyway.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks, Wendy. I know you do not insure your pets, it is a question that some of Clare's clients have been asking when they come.
I have found out that out of the 8 insurance companies I rang today 5 of them do not require a Canine Hydrotherapist to be registered.
Where we live we are almost an hours drive from a registered one and tbh I do not think that a two hour round journey, then a stint in a pool is good for a pet that is sore and in pain to start with. I wondered if it was the insurance companies way of their clients not using this facility. To register you have to go on two courses a year and the amount of enquiries Clare has had regarding this would not warrant the high expense, also added to this would be the loss of earnings whilst away.
Are you diddling OK and how is that lovely boy of yours?
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yes they are always after your money.
Arthur is as lovely as ever.
My life is still chaos.as usual {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Well, this will maybe make you laugh.......I went to the Chiropodist he cut my big toe nail that far down one side and drew blood, so he swabbed it with an antibacterial wipe, padded it and bandaged up saying leave on for 2/3 days and it will be OK..........NOT!!!
Took the bandage off, but knew before removing it that something was wrong as was sooooooooooo bliddy painful (I accidentally ripped my large toenail off some years ago, well not completely off, it just sat there waving at me, but there was absolutely no pain even when they slapped it back down and bandaged it up) this time however I could hardly walk, so rang up said Chiropodist they could not fit me in for another week!! Went to Pharmacist at local chemist they said I needed antibiotics and to see the doctor a.s.a.p. Got to doctors had to see the practitioner nurse and she issued me with antibiotics, but said I would need to see the Chiropodist and most likely need my toenail removing as he had cut the nail at such an angle it would grow into the side of my foot.
I have made an appt at Doctors for next Weds to see if he will refer me to a NHS person to remove the nail. I can laugh a bit now as antibiotics nearly finished and it is feeling better although not right, but just cannot believe that I paid for this. LOL
wendy

Post by wendy »

yike*
How annoying. I hope it gets better soon
{hug}

Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I'm not laughing, Gwen. I would be hopping mad if that happened to me. Sue them. At least get a pair of crutches out of it, or even a wheel chair. They ought to get a warning to toe the line in future. +f+

ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

No you're not laughing MQ +pinn+
I think you have a point, at least write and tell them what the chemist and nurse said and ask what compensation they will offer you. Should give you your money back and more.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I did phone them up and they offered me to go to someone else at their practice should I need my nail removing yike*
There was no apology as such and no offer of my money back, so guess what I will be saying if someone asks me about Chiropodists and who I recommend? What is it they say about the tongue being mightier than the sword............
The reason I am not taking it any further is because I am in the middle of a 'discussion' with one of the big 5 banks which I will be taking further if no satisfactory outcome is offered. To date most things I have complained about has been turned around according to the paperwork I have received, so looks like things will get nasty.
The reason I am so bliddy mad is they sent my husbands cards to our old address from 3 years ago this January and told me it was my fault because I was the only one who changed the address for our joint accounts. But.........in the meeting at the bank they said the opposite, that I and I alone could change the address!! I know this is correct as they have NOT changed their policies regarding changing the address on any account and I did exactly the same in 2006 with the same bank and had no problems.