Cesar Milan again

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Cesar Milan again

Post by Mercedes »

I knew that my son and daughter in law had a dog behaviourist coming to see what could be done to help with their dog's behaviour issues, but only after I spoke to them afterwards did I realise he is a fan of Cesar Milan and uses his techniques to train dogs.
I'm trying really hard to not say anything as I know it's not my business, but all the same the things this guy has suggested have already made me question him. He uses a slip lead rather than a normal collar and I don't know much about them but I am guessing they tighten on the dog's throat if they pull? He also has this thing about using 2 fingers to press into the side of the dog when they don't behave as they should, again I don't get how this can do anything unless it's hard enough to hurt the dog and that would be cruel. He even mentioned that if things get really bad they should pin the dog down which to me sounds horrendously cruel.
My daughter in law now has to pretty much ignore the dog, she can't pick her up and cuddle her, she isn't allowed on the sofa, she has to realise her 'place' in the pack, something again which I don't get.
For 2 visits they are paying £250 and the guy had the nerve to say that Victoria Stilwell, who I actually like, is rubbish as she is really an actress and not a dog trainer {mr.angry}
Lyn

Re: Cesar Milan again

Post by wendy »

yike* }hairout{
So outdated !!! Is it someone around here Lyn ?
What that will do to their relationship with the dog, is just destroy it.
But you know that.
Hopefully they will see that themselves.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

Yes Wendy they are in Bushey I think

https://caninekarma.co.uk

I've never heard of them, my son is pretty dismissive of them too but daughter in law seems convinced he is the answer to her prayers, can't really say much. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

What they should have done was take her to one of your classes when she was a puppy, but no they were too busy {mr.angry}
Lyn

Post by wendy »

Never heard of him.
Boy he knows how to charge, for ruining your relationship with your dog. If he trains Milan's way.
Sad they didn't have time for something that could be difficult to live with for 15 odd years.
Lets hope they realise before too much damage is done.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning