GS found in river Trent

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

GS found in river Trent

Post by Gwenoakes »

We were working in Newark yesterday not far from this river and apparently some scum bag put a GS in it with a breeze block attached to it's lead!
I have heard this morning that they have traced the owner by the micro chip.
What the h*ll is happening to our society?
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: GS found in river Trent

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Brings tears to my eyes just reading this. The cruelty of some people towards animals is absolutely beyond me. It is horrendous.
wendy

Post by wendy »

It was heavier than a breeze block. It was a huge stone, Gwen.
She was very luck that a brave lady saw her and got her out in time.
Two have been arrested. Now lets hope no one is stupid enough to print their name and jeopardize the court case.
Wicked truly wicked.
But sadly Nothing shocks me now, been in rescue too long.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I have just heard from the lady who comes to do my feet that they have in fact named them, Wendy. This is just here say, obviously.
There are two ways of looking at them being named though and tbh I would not want to be in their shoes when it is common knowledge who they are.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Can't get this off my mind now - it's so, so upsetting. Wish someone would do the same to those monsters.
wendy

Post by wendy »

{cry} {cry} {hug}

albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Saw pictures of the beautiful dog when recued. So horrendous that someone can do such a thing and as you say Wendy it was a boulder that he was tied to. I believe he is slowly recovering, bless him and I do hope that the people who did it get a proper punishment. Sadly with animals it is never enough.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

There was a police dog called Finn, I believe who was either shot or stabbed and they were trying to bring in something called Finns Law for working dogs. Does anyone know if that law was brought in and whether it covered all dogs or just working ones?
We found out when we went back to the RCVS re Lexi and the vet that was negligent with her which eventually cost her her life at 16 months old, that she was thought of as a chattel, nothing more, nothing less, just the same as a vehicle you had bought which is absolutely outrageous. They would not at any price consider her pain and suffering, apparently there was no law to cover that and that was approx. 6 years ago.
I read today that the dog had a micro chip with the name Bella on it, but the RSPCA were not sure whether she was still called that. That really touched my heart as our Bella was pts some years ago.
I am far from a violent person, but I really hope someone, somewhere puts the owners heads in a bucket of icy water and many times more than once. If they will do this to an animal what would they be likely to do with children? I really shudder to think.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Finns Law only covers service dogs I believe.
Not certain but I think they are still thought of as property }hairout{