Mollie having a swm

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Mollie having a swm

Post by Gwenoakes »

Mollie is Clare's 19 year old cat and she has arthritis in her front right leg and has recently lost muscle on the back end. She has been seen by a lovely Chiro lady who suggested the swimming along with our vet.
She has been to the vets and is on Metacam even though there are side effects, for the arthritis, we believe in quality of life at her age more than quantity and she is to have blood tests every three months to check her liver. She has been checked thoroughly and her heart is brilliant, so today she went in the hydro pool.
She is and always has been a placid cat and took to it really well moving all four legs and did not seem too worried apart from the dryer, so we towel dried her.
We have actually got her to lose weight by reducing her food intake and now she is 4.3kg, her ideal weight we are told should be 4.2kg, so less stress on her limbs and joints.
Hopefully if this works we will be able to drop her Metacam down slightly. Here's hoping and all fingers are crossd.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Mollie having a swm

Post by albertajune »

I do hope Mollie improves with her swimming. She is a good age but as long as she is happy go along with it. Fingers crossed with you )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thank you very much, June.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

How's she getting on, Gwen?
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Freeranger wrote:How's she getting on, Gwen?

She is getting on fine, FR and does between 10 - 12 minutes two/three times a week.
She is managing the stairs better now too which she appreciates as just loves getting up there on the bed.

We have taken some piccies and also a video of her so will ask youngest daughter to put on here for me as I am techno dumb.

Thanks for asking.