Where's Tabatha?

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Mo
Legendary Laner

Where's Tabatha?

Post by Mo »

Gina got very lost bringing her to me. Richard may remember how hard I am to find. It didn't help that her satnav wouldn't accept my postcode and that within the area there are at least 3 Mill Lanes. But even if it had the code covers half a mile.
But she arrived at last. Complete with bed, toys and blanket. We decided to keep her in the kitchen and dining room for a few days. Very curious, up on every surface and window-sill in the 2 rooms and even took a jump at the top half of the kitchen door (did she think the glass wasn't there).
When Gina left we made sure the doors were shut before opening the front door but I couldn't find her when i went back. Completely vanished. Not anywhere else in the house (and anyway the doors were shut). I left her for a bit then went back and sat down with a cup of coffee. Still no sign. Searched the house again. Then found her in the kitchen! Sat down on sofa and she came and sat beside me for a little stroke. So I thought I'd sit with her for a while and watch a quiz I'd recorded. But as soon as I turned the TV on she shot off again into hiding. Must be behind the washing machine, there isn't anywhere else that I can't see.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Where's Tabatha?

Post by Spreckly »

She will be terrified Mo, won't she. She is a lucky girl to have found a good home.

One of my rescue cats managed to scratch the tape off the cat flap, and it took three days to get her back into the house.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

{hug} I'm sure she will have investigated the house when you went to bed last night and possibly feeling less scared today - the fact that she came and sat beside you soon after Gina had left is a good sign. She'll quickly get used to new sounds and be settling in to a new routine.

Welcome Tabatha )t'
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Spreckly wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 23:23 She will be terrified Mo, won't she. She is a lucky girl to have found a good home.

One of my rescue cats managed to scratch the tape off the cat flap, and it took three days to get her back into the house.
She doesn't seem terrified. When Gina was here she was exploring every surface and windowsill, even tried to climb the bookcases, nose in the air. Though she does startle at noises. Soon jumped down this morning when I told her she couldn't come investigating my breakfast.
My cat flap is in the porch and the kitchen door is shut (and locked to remind me) so she can't get to it. In winter it usually is shut so cats have to ask, like they always used to before we had catflaps.
lancashire lass wrote: 21 Feb 2021, 08:22 {hug} I'm sure she will have investigated the house when you went to bed last night
She was shut in the kitchen and dining room with the door between open. Gina thought it best to leave her in one room for a day or two. Which I had planned to do anyway. I can see I shan't be spending much time in the study with the computer. My cake tin is empty so I'll make a fruit cake and keep her company, don't think it will be long before she's in the rest of the house though.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Her dish was empty this morning and one of her toys had moved into the kitchen.
I'd forgotten how active cats can be - quite a difference between a 6 year old and Pat at 18.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Is all well with Tabatha Mo?
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

She still comes and goes - even though I know she must be somewhere in the house, since the kitchen door is locked so she can't get through the cat flap in the porch, and the front door has a recycling box in front of it to remind me not to open it.
Proper Cheshire Cat.
Disappears without trace.
On Sunday I opened the door to let her into some of the other rooms as she kept trying it. At first she kept popping out of the room she was exploring if I called her, but then vanished. So I decided to go out and try to clear some of the prunings my grandson had left. Daughter and grand-daughter joined me while Tom went for a hack with his Dad. We came in for a coffee but no cat. Missing all afternoon then was in the kitchen when I went in the make my dinner. After supper time I invited her into the bedroom but she stayed on the sofa. Then in the middle of the night I could hear her playing so i got up and made myself a snack and took in back to bed and she did come with me. A new room to explore, a wardrobe door to open and squeeze through, things to jump over. Eventually settled down purring on the bed but was off in the morning before I was properly awake.
Yesterday I didn't see her till evening, when I went to make my dinner she was in the dining room, looking up casually as if to say 'well you knew I was here'. Spent part of the night on my bed but I haven't seen her today.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I thought Gina was being overcautious when she said keep her in 6 weeks, now I'm wondering how I'll dare let her out at all. I suspect she'll learn to open the kitchen door by jumping at the handle, having seen her jump. We did have a cat who climbed on the sofa to open a door handle.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

{hug} she's obviously found a good hiding place to sleep during the day which is probably why you can't find her. The fact she settled on your bed is a good sign but still early days.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Just seen her for the first time today. Walked between rooms and called her and out she ran. Friendly when I do see her but picks her own time. But I suppose I wouldn't be looking for her all the time if she wasn't new.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

She seems to be coming round Mo. My last cat was kept in for three weeks, but I walked into the kitchen one day, and found her climbing back in through the very high window! No idea how long this had been going on.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

{rofwl}
manda

Post by manda »

This seems to be getting like a game of Where's Wally ...only harder {rofwl}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Not seen her today. I don't think she's a morning person.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Her exploration found the study this morning as I was sitting at the computer, so she now knows all the rooms that I use. (This house is far to big for 1 as OH had a big extension built when there were 5 of us at home). She had a good explore and is now curled up on the spare soft desk chair next to me. Sometimes she follows me around but sometimes just looks at me and stays put when I move.