Not a good few days

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Not a good few days

Post by Gwenoakes »

and we need some good vibes sending.
Last Monday Edna, Clare's Welsh Section was pts. She was 25 and had had a few problems over the past year which suddenly became worse and she no longer had a good quality of life. It was very peaceful.
Our youngest daughter had a few personal problems which thankfully have now been sorted, but I am expecting a call from the GP this morning to tell me if the breast cancer I had in 1994 is the type to pass onto the girls. I did try to persuade them to let me check this out years ago, but neither of them were ready to hear anything.
Teddy has been intermittently lame for over a year and is going up to Leeds tomorrow to have a CT scan, as after he fell down a hole a year ago they are now wondering if there is a splinter of bone, known as a floater, in this shoulder. One minute he is hopping lame, the next he is absolutely fine. They are also thinking osteoarthritis/trapped nerve, but we need to know as resting and all the other things we have done have not worked.
To top it all I fell last Friday after coming back from the chickens and bashed my left knee on concrete, so very, very sore now and nice grazes and bruises to show for it. Luckily I hardly caught the knee that was operated on in Jan, but wondering if I have done damage to left knee.
There have been three friends/work people who have suddenly died, one of which was a client of Clare's who was just 21, also several dogs owned by Clare's clients have passed over to Rainbow Bridge.
So............I think we have had all the nasties now, says me hoping and we are in line for something good.
I hope everyone is feeling well and now able to get out a bit more. Take care everyone.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Not a good few days

Post by Freeranger »

Oh my gosh, you're been through the wringer, Gwen. I'm so sorry to hear it {hug} .
On the basis that there can't be that much else to go wrong (touch wood), let's hope it's the end of the bad times for a while.
I hope your knee gets better soon - bashing a bone can be really painful. I hope the vet can also sort out the problem with that shoulder.
I always find that sunny days and daffodils make life seem a little better. Make sure to do a little bit of what makes you feel good. Take care. {hug}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks FR.
I like sunny days and daffs too and have just picked some from the garden and brought them inside to have a little bit of sunshine in here.
Just had a call from the GP and I have to pick some paperwork up from the surgery and then make an appointment to go to Scunthorpe which is over an hours drive away to the (this next word could be spelt wrong) genetesist clinic. The GP says that Lincolnshire is lovely this time of year for a drive so I will aim to enjoy it.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

(s)he's not wrong!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Gosh, things do seem to all come on top of each other sometimes. Hope it improves from now on
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Oh Gwen what an awful time you and yours are havng. I really hope that things take a turn for the good very soon. Sending the good vibes you want and take care x
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks, everyone your good vibes much appreciated.
Clare has gone down with a very nasty feverish cold, so Terry will be driving us to Leeds. She has taken a quick covid test just to make sure nothing like that and it has come back negative.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Lots of positive vibes to you {hug} keep strong x
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks, Sandy.
We will have to wait about 14 days for the results of the CT scan on Teddy and then hopefully we will be able to get somewhere.
My knee is feeling much better after tripping up, so onwards and upwards.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Sorry you have had such a grim time Gwen. Just getting through the days is very hard sometimes.

Just got my computer back, with a too large bill, after it packed up. Last week, it was my TV!

Take care. {hug}