My little dog Angel

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

My little dog Angel

Post by Spreckly »

Angel will be nine in November, and to my dismay I discovered a lump on her flank last week. Thankfully my son was here (I am not driving yet), and took us to the vet.

The vet said the lump is not a cyst, and I have to monitor it, take her back if it grows. An appointment has been made for three weeks, when it will be decided what the treatment should be.

It has shaken me, and I am trying not to look on the black side. So many friends have told me about older dogs getting lumps, but all the dogs we have owned have never developed any.

Angel is her normal noisy self, barking at fresh air, eating well, and so I am hoping....
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: My little dog Angel

Post by Mo »

>fi<
Worrying when things start going wrong. They are part of the family, specially when you live alone.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Oh Spreckly so sorry to hear this news about Angel. Must be another dreadful worry for you. I will keep everything crossed that it is not a serious issue. Like Mo said, they are part of the family and are very important in our lives. I am sure she is in the very best of hands and that the vet will get to the bottom of this. Good luck Angel and take care Spreckly.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thank you both. Lump appears stable so far.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Angel's lump is not as prominent as it was, so the vet, who could not find it, but I did, examined it again, and we both agreed that it was flatter. I am keeping an eye on it, and hopefully will not have to take her back again.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Good news
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

{hug} that's good to hear
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

That's really good news Spreckly. So glad to hear that Angel is doing well and the lump has not progressed. Must be such a relief to you. It's nice to hear some good news for a change.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Good to hear that it might not be anything.
Michael
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Thats good news )t' It is always such a worry but hopefully it continues to disappear
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thank you all. I tried to find the lump yesterday, without success, but will continue to monitor.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Just realised that I never said the outcome of Angels lump. She had it removed under anaesthetic, and at the same time a loose tooth was removed, plus her teeth cleaned. It was a large bill, as the insurance would not cover it. On the way home, I was caught in a speed trap.

Yesterday. I discovered a tick, and the tick remover was useless. Tweezers did the job. A neighbour is a vet nurse, so she came to check that it was all removed. I have never removed them before. Ted always did it on his rough collie, and my girls have only ever had one other tick.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Pets are expensive!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Yes Mo, they certainly are! Angel now has an upset tummy. The vets were closed on Friday, but the nurse let me have some medication, two tins of dogfood for sensitive tums, and a powder to use once a day, also a paste, which I already had. I have to feed the tinned food in small amounts a few times daily.

Things are no better, and I have had to change some bedding, scrub the bedroom carpet on odd occasions.

In desperation today, I have put a waterproof cover over my bed, and covered the floor with newspaper. Being long coated, she has to be cleaned after each bout, poor little thing. If she is the same on Tuesday, it will be a vet appointment, as I suspect she needs antibiotics. Bank holidays always come at the wrong time.

Howe I wish we had stuck her howl out at bedtime, and crated her overnight like our previous dogs!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Pets in the bedroom are better than sleeping alone, but...
My previous cat had fits and I sometimes had a drenched duvet.
Hope she's better soon. Yes things always happen at the weekend or bank holiday.