thehenhouse
Lively Laner

what do you prefer dogs or cats

Post by thehenhouse »

pls vote
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I love my cat, but if I had to choose it would be my dog, he is sooo friendly, gets me out of the house for an hour or so every day, he responds to me and is interactive whereas the cat just wants food and a warm bed and a cuddle every now and then.

On hols near Whitby this summer
thehenhouse
Lively Laner

Post by thehenhouse »

brill .. thats a good pic. Kate.. now we can see who you are.. great xxx
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Agree with Kate (love pic, I had a spaniel like that as a kid).
If I couldn't get about it would be a cat but love dogs, we have both anyway.
thehenhouse
Lively Laner

Post by thehenhouse »

hey i got to vote in my own poll.. how cool is that.

Have to say i prefer ( cover your ears dog) CATS. I do love the more quirky personalities and peculiarities.. they seem to have. One of my cats, likes to lick plastic bags.. and she is the most ellusive, and princes type cat you ever met.. here she is, making her internet debut

Mozzarella

kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

He is a gorgeous boy, got him at 8 weeks old, my first dog, and he is a really good lad (done a fair amount of training with him), I love him to bits and he is really friendly with other dogs and people too. One of the reasons we were in Whitby, other than I love it there, is that if i cannot take Dino on holiday with me then I won't go. Luckily hubs feels the same.
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

Great photo of you Kate, and I have to agree with you. If I was pushed into having only one pet in the house, would have to be a BIG black male Lab! I lost my rescue Lab this week, and the house is so quiet without him, even though I still have 3 other dogs here.

I love my cats to bits, but there`s something about a dog to me. They make me get out in the fresh air, interacting with nature and other people with dogs. And on Fridays they can come to work with me!
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

I went to bed last night with the kitten lying on my pillow, but I woke up about 3am and he'd moved down into the bed, with his head on the pillow, the duvet over him and NO room for me!!!!!!!! :shock:

Naughty Kitty!!!!!! (f+
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

It's a close run thing but I have to say I love Jessdog with all my heart. She is just such a wonderful, loving, gorgeous dog, she's really part of the family
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

I adore my cats Bramblebee and Spotty. They are both rescue cats and are very very happy!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I have voted cats but I love other people's dogs. Here is Bugsy, Lilly, and Freddie, fighting for a place in the window ledge overlooking the back garden. Lilly has decided to sit on my workspace, he came from a house round the corner and just loves being close to me.
Photobucket
Ilona
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

What conclusion are we looking for ? I would imagine that most have both and their cats or dogs will be pretty upset if they're looking over your shoulder when you click !!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

I just cant vote on this because for me its like comparing apples and bananas (if that makes any sense at all)..
We have our two dogs each with entirely different characters and we love them to bits.. Then there are our cats, three of which we saw being born because their mum Tigger insisted on being close to us when she gave birth.. they couldnt be soppier and trusting, Trix, our wide eyed rescue cat is a honeybunch..
Decide which we prefered? confused> impossible .. (sorry) :shock:
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I think that most who have both, it's equal. Only dogs is because you don't want cats and if you only keep cat's, it's often because you can't have a dog because of leaving it alone too much and cat's don't take so much looking after.

A better one may be....If you had to decide on only keeping one species of pet, what would it be - then list about 5 like - cats, dogs, chickens, rabbits, guines pigs, hamsters, other.

That would sort it out !!!!!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
thehenhouse
Lively Laner

Post by thehenhouse »

no particular conclusion- was just being curious.. we have both cats and a dog.. but i do prefer my cats.. and you can run your pole next richard.. thansk for the pics folks.. fabbo looking cats.. but then i am biased..even if only slightly.. maggi xx