Poor poor Frank

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Poor poor Frank

Post by Babycakes »

My Frank cat is missing.
He stayed living with my parents when I left home but was always "my Frank"
He has not come home since saturday, and his sister Molly is moping around looking sad and lonely. He only disappeared once before, and then we found him in next door's strawberry patch all tangled up in the netting (he had been there all night and most of the following day)
This time, he is properly missing and I'm thiking the worst. He is quite old, he was a cat when he adopted me and that was about 9 years ago.
I know he doesn't live with me but he's always been my boy and I hate the thought of him going off somewhere cold and alone....
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh what a worry. Hopefully he has got into someone's shed and they haven't been in it as the weather is bad.
Have you put posters round ?
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh dear. It's horrible when they are missing - I do feel for you. +cry+

Let's hope that he just tucked himself up somewhere warm and will be found soon. As Wendy says - pehaps some posters or at least notes thru neighbours' doors to check their sheds and garages.

Will be thinking of you and Freddie

Helen
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

We gave two of our kittens to Tonys parents and they are spoilt rotten.. They are now over a year old and the male went missing not so long back, We phoned all the vets & rspca when he hadn't returned overnight and knocked on neighbours doors in case he'd been locked in sheds or garages.. We were frantic and he strolled in a day later yelling for his food!!
Good luck in finding Frank, it is a worry - I'll keep everything crossed for you xxx
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

My cat Mogul went missing a while back. He was gone for nearly 5 weeks. We were very rural at the time and many of the surrounding farms had outbuildings. We think he was probably locked in one for a while and his first instinct when he got out was to hunt for food. We had given up all hope of finding him when he came strolling across the fields as if he'd never been away! :-D

I do hope your Frank returns home safe and sound. Fingers crossed for you.

Lucy x
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

Oh poor you, hope he turns up, Toms do have a habit of wandering
Fingers crossed xxx
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Arent they a worry! Our cat got into a neighbours garage the day they were due to go to France! Luckily I heared her miowing, and frantically I knocked on their door hoping they hadnt left yet!
I was lucky. Hope your boy comes back in the morning demanding brekky.
Looove chucks!
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Hope Frank comes home safe!

stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I hope Frank comes home - we had a puss go missing and printed off lots of papers asking people to look in their sheds etc to see if she had been locked in, the boys posted them in all the letterboxes nearby. If yuo could do this you may find him in someone's garage or shed. (Sadly we got the phone call we had been dreading, but at least we knew what had happened to her.)

If he is old and it is his time then he may just have gone somewhere quiet - one of other cats did that and my neighbour called me so we could bring him home to be comfortable.

Just read through that and I sound very pessimistic, sorry.

Really hope Frank is OK, thinking of you, our pets are such parts of the family.
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I think Frank has probably gone to find the kitty version of where the elephants go...I've got the day off on wednesday so if he has not turned up by then, I'm gonna get Gracie in her pram and start knocking doors to get people to check sheds etc.
I know the worst has peobably happened but I'd like to find him even so, at least then I could say goodbye. It's silly but I just dont want him to go all cold and alone and in this weather.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I know exactly what you mean, they have been such lovely pets that you don't want them to end cold and lonely. Really hope he turns up before then, be thinking of you :)
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

This is the way cats are worse than dogs. Our beautiful Thomas came home after being away a few months ago and I knew he would be going to the vets and coming back to be put with his Misty and Harry. My only comfort was that I knew he had only been out that night. His brother disappeared and we never knew what happened and that is heartbreaking. I do hope he comes home, the little so and so's can disappear for days and then come back as if it was five minutes ago.
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Oh, Babycakes, I am so sad to read this.

They are an absolute worry! I would say try the neighbours to check sheds and garages, it's amazing how many times I have heard of cats being locked in places they have gone into to get out of the cold or rain and let's be honest weather is rubbish at the moment.

Posters are a good idea, especially if you have a photo of him.

I know this is just saying what you already know, wish there was something else to suggest.

Good luck, I truly do hope he turns up with his tail between his legs after a couple of nights out on the tiles, so to speak.

XXX
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Babycakes wrote:I think Frank has probably gone to find the kitty version of where the elephants go...I've got the day off on wednesday so if he has not turned up by then, I'm gonna get Gracie in her pram and start knocking doors to get people to check sheds etc.
I know the worst has peobably happened but I'd like to find him even so, at least then I could say goodbye. It's silly but I just dont want him to go all cold and alone and in this weather.

Oh dear.. dont give up just yet.. He may just be snuggled up with someone else for a bit.. have you contacted the vets and rspca in your area??
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

)c( HE'S BACK MY FRANK IS BACK!!!!!!!! )c(

My mum just rang, apparently she went out to feed Molly and he just sauntered up the garden and looked in his dish as if to say "Where's mine??" She says he's really dirty and dusty, so we think he's got stuck in a shed or something. He had some dinner then went for a big slep on his favourite chair
Hurrah!! )c(