Whoops

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
kdoc
Lively Laner

Post by kdoc »

Divorce would come first before OH would let me have a dog,he believes you should only have a dog if it is working.We have had dogs as I had dogs when we got together but now they have departed........ somethings I can gt my own way but this is not one.I borrow my dads but I do miss having one.
Karen
wendy

Post by wendy »

O Oh.
Spencer is on VERY dodgy ground if he said me or the dogs. I would have to ask him not to slam the door as he goes. I moved in with a dog and cat, so he knew what he was taking on. LOL
It is compromise with the animals. I am the nutter here. So any animal that comes in is my responsibility. I clean, feed, brush, train and buy the food etc.. He admires and loves having them around. I also have had to promise that I would not give up going on holiday, as he just loves going away. He had to promise he would pay for the house sitter as I wouldn't want them to go in kennels.
We have four dogs, now, 2 parrots, 2 gerbils and 8 hens.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Wendy, just found this thread, well who would believe we would both have young dogs in our homes for the new year!!

Dave is lovely, pleased Josie has a little mate to play tag with. )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I guess I am lucky that after being together for nearly 26 years and married for 22 we have become very tolerant and supportive of each others interests, there is no way either of us would stop the other doing something as long as it wasn't detrimental to the family. I'm sure if I had wanted a dog in the earlier years it wouldn't have happened, likewise the chooks :) as my hubs was not so easy going then.

Maybe time will alter your OH's views, and he will realise that a dog is an asset to the house and family )t' Good luck )t'
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

I`m with you Wendy on this one.

I got the divorce and "his" two dogs along with my own 4, and guess who had the better deal! This included the dog he bought me as a wedding present. When I bred a litter, I had to fight to keep Hovis, and its the best thing I ever did. He is such special boy and I wouldnt have missed owning him for the world.

If I ever meet anyone else I want to spend my life with, it`s going to be :love me, love my pets.

Kate egg - why not offer to look after a friend`s dog for the day or weekend if they need a sitter? As long as they get along with Dino it would give you an idea if it would work long term for you to have 2 dogs. If not, then its only for a weekend!!!

My sister "borrowed" one of mine a few times for the weekend to see how it would pan out for them as a family if they had their own dog. She and her ex had both been raised with dogs in the family. She now has a fab rescued dog Max.
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
kdoc
Lively Laner

Post by kdoc »

well we have only been together 15 years so maybe a bit nore time )c( We have 5 ladies and two kittens,pretty tolerant on all other things just not dogs :oops:
He let us move house so the chickens could have a long run 30 feet plus and can have ducks in the summer )t' Will just have to keep working on the dog mindyou he normally works away and he has been home for 2 weeks so divorce is looking good at the momet :-D
Will just remain very envious
KAren
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Maybe another 5 years and he might change his mind :-D :-D It sounds like the dog thing may be a sticking point altogether though - a bit like my hubby and caravans - just NO! But if you have your pusscats and kittens and chooks and a lovely run for them and he is considerate enough to work away from home :razz: from time to time, maybe you should count your blessings )c( :-D :-D :-D
kdoc
Lively Laner

Post by kdoc »

To true :razz: :razz:

will expand birds in garden

maybe one day )c(
Karen
spudley
Legendary Laner

Post by spudley »

OMG i couldnt have said no either- I cant beleive that he had already been passed off, He is a stunner.... I want a puppy......
5 dogs, 15 chickens (6 ex batts) 1 cockerel, and very limited tech skills
wendy

Post by wendy »

When you think about it Spudley we are his 4th home and he can't be more than 8 weeks. He has to have all his food absolutly soft cannot chew properly !!
Where he was born, RSPCA, Battersea and us. That is assuming he didn't go somewhere from his Mum to the RSPCA.
Wendy

bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

)ot:

(BTW - I assure everyone this is true)

Wendy, thought you might like to know that the story on the front page of our local paper yesterday is a story where a young Alsation Cross has crept into South Yorkshire Police Dog Pound (in next village to us) and dug his friend, a staffordshire bull terrier out of the nick, it spent two hours painstakingly pulling apart the kennel to free it's friend. The two of them then skipped off wagging their tails.

How do we know this happened - apparently police were baffled until they watched CCTV footage and police officers have been queueing up to watch the video, as it is quite bizarre.

A police spokesperson has now said they are worried there will be some Alsation x SBT's pups turning up shortly. :-D :-D
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
wendy

Post by wendy »

ha ha ha.
Josie was in with a staffie puppy when we collected her from Battersea. She just loves the sunny little breed.
Hopefully that video will be doing the rounds soon.
Wendy

lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

Oh bless his little heart, he is adorable.
Lucky you, and He is very lucky in having found you as his Mum!
Lou x
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

What a gorgeous boy!! Takes me back to when our GSD was that age - he never looked like a small little puppy. He was supposed to be all GSD, but this breeder said her stud dog was used for police dogs. We did meet both parents - or she said it was Taliskers dad - but now he is grown up and weighs about 10 stones, we believe his heft bulk is due to being crossed with a rottie.
wendy

Post by wendy »

I certainly don't think there is Rott in there.
His tail is now going over his back LOL
So Heaven knows what is in there.
Wendy