The Fox

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Jodi
Lively Laner

Post by Jodi »

I think Foxes were sent over here to fix the rabbit problem, which was also introduced. I suppose "way back when" biological solutions were not available so thought they were doing the right thing at the time - so no blame as such should be pointed at anyone.

(RE: Alpaca - we've alot of breeders in our area, they say that an alpaca will rear up and kick a fox, quite brave apparantly)

Humans are the cruelest species on earth (IMO), so I can't judge an animal when they are mostly driven by need rather than greed.

On the buddist comments - maybe that's me too. I nearly killed a huge black spider that had made her web in the frame of my lounge sliding door. I'd cleaned the window and didn't notice her until she was all curled up in the corner. She recovered after about a week, and has been living there for almost two years. I keep her web "trimmed" so others aren't too freaked out by her, but big enough to catch her food. The only thing I do is flick the web to get rid of the hundreds of babies she has on a regular basis.

We've met "face to face" a couple of times and she has grown into quite a size and has huge fangs :shock: , but I can't bring myself to move her along.

Now thats weird!!!!!

cheers
Jodi
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Jodi - what's IMO???

Oh - and completely get where you're coming from with "Charlotte", but am petrified of them!!!!!

Since seeing a hypnotherapist about a recurring nightmare (and thought I'd get spiders sorted too), I can now get my hubby to get rid of them by putting them outside (far away from the house)
Always felt guilty about killing them in the past (not physically, but by chemical means), and now I don't have to - phew!!!!
Small steps lead to big changes
Jodi
Lively Laner

Post by Jodi »

Sorry - IMO In My Opinion

:-D
melons
Legendary Laner

spiders

Post by melons »

I had hypnotheraty to cure my fear of flying, it did do that to a certain degree, but my god has my spider fear got way way worse or what? :shock:
Apparently that can happen, another lesser fear takes it places, not sure which one is better, flying or spiders :?
hey ho :?
Cheers
mel x
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I think I may have mentioned this before, but my Father served in Alemein, Sicily and Italy (WW2), saw it all, hardened to I don't know what in late teen and early twenty years, but.....

Absolutely petrified of any spider, couldn't go near one. If there was one in the bath, someone had to take it out for him.

Apparently, and he did 'tell a few', a Scorpion crawled over his naked body when inside a Tent in the Dessert.

So you are not alone!

Oh dear, we're going )ot:
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

The Fox

Post by AnnaB »

Spiders I like they do a really good job around the house, I have one at present 'living' in the bath - we have a separate shower room. I always keep the bath plughole closed so everyday I give it a small bowl of water. The cat is not allowed to kill any spiders we remove them quickly to the garage
melons
Legendary Laner

argh

Post by melons »

Oh Anna that's really sweet, I try & leave their webs to a managable size, they only build another it you take it, the really huge ones have to go outside, Darran has a special pot & slides an envelope underneath to take them out, I'm sure they just run round the side of the house & come back in, I swear they home :shock:
My mum used to have one called Septimus, she said the name was from a story book when she was a kid, he lived by the fire place.
Cheers
mel x
littlefeat
Lively Laner

Post by littlefeat »

yes it does seem other forums are hellbent on killing every fox they can, i have chooks and keep them secure, and only let them out when me or hubby are at home, there are two young foxes that visit me every night, i buy cheap dried dog food and leave them some every night, also any meat scraps, with the increase of wheelie bins i feel they cannot scavenge as they used to. it must be devastating to loose your pets to a fox, but they are ony doing what is natural to them, if more people fed them, ime sure they would not bother to get into runs etc, unless they were desperate,

littlefeat
at home with 1 dog, 2 rats, 3 rabbits, 6 fish, 4 cats, 8 chickens, 2 kids and 1 hubby