pet names!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Speckledhen
Lively Laner

Post by Speckledhen »

Hi Paxo,

Another Springer owner!!!

I've got Beth (a liver & white bitch) and Dave, another forum member, has two dogs.

You really have got your hands full there haven't you?!!

Michele
In a perfect world every dog would have a home, and every home would have a dog - Anon.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

My eldest daughter has two horses. Jack who is a Shire at 18hh with a show name of Happy Jack Simpson. Saintly who is a TB/ID 17hh with a show name of Red Angel (because he is chestnut).
I have a Staffie called Bella who was named as a puppy by her breeder and a rescue rabbit called Arnie (named before I got him)
Youngest daughter has two cats black/white called Harry and a ginger called Molly. Brother and sister.
Have a pond full of fish that we have had for years. One is named Jaws he is the biggest and red, another that is quite big, a shibunkin (sp) called Monty. Others have no names.
Have 8 ladies, my ex batts and havent named them really, because I honestly cant tell them apart! :shock:
paxo
Lively Laner

Post by paxo »

mgolding wrote:Hi Paxo,

Another Springer owner!!!

I've got Beth (a liver & white bitch) and Dave, another forum member, has two dogs.

You really have got your hands full there haven't you?!!

Michele

Tellnme about it lol i think im a glutton for punishment either that or im going for a travelling circus but most of the puppies will be on their way next month have to put them in paper i say mos as i have persuaded o/h to let me keep one lmao
*joy*
Learner Laner

Post by *joy* »

my dogs are called daisy and carla,

daisy was named after my fav flower and carla i havent got a clue the name just suited her, they are both staffordshire bull terriers, one white with a black eye patch and one brown brindle
Morgs
Lively Laner

Post by Morgs »

Seth the dog, Phoebe the cat and Fenella, Numpty, Paxo and Winnie the hens at the moment....
have in the past had cats called John, Dave, Winkle, Bertha, and a dog called Patsy.
Johnhson
Site Admin

Post by Johnhson »

Our boss cat is a little black moggy that looks like a kitten but she thinks she's a puma and the other cats tend to humour her! She's Aphrodite - or Aphy cat

Then there's Claudius Atilla - Claudipus. He came when his owner went to hospital leaving 12 cats behind. Poor chap's gone very old since his pal Caligula Augustus Nero Adolph AKA Ciggy or Mr Cigs passed away.

Finally there's Squeek - that was his name when we got him. His owner went to the states and so he arrived here. Never been outside before in his life and was obese. Now he loves the garden and is merely fat.

Loves my better half but he's not so keen on me except at feeding time and in the night when he sleeps on my bed. In the day I frequently get hissed at for crimes like allowing the rain to fall.

For serious offences like calling him a cute boy I get batted, usually with claws in. Usually..
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

my cats

Post by Meanqueen »

I might as well join in.
Ginger tom with white bib and white paws called BugsyBaby Bugalugs. My friend asked me if I wanted a kitten because she knew a woman who was not looking after him properly. I had recently come out of a messy relationship and was feeling pretty grotty, so I said, OK, I'll have him. It was love at first sight, we have been together 10 years.
A black rough looking cat turned up at my back door, looking like he had been in a war zone. I fed him and he kept coming back every day. I put a notice in the Post Office window asking if anyone owned him, no one came forward, so I took him to the vet, and he had his little operation! I called him Freddie after my favourite singer Freddie Mercury. He has been here about 4 years, no idea how old he is.
I love them madly.
Ilona
ykstar
Learner Laner

Post by ykstar »

Dylan - B&W Smooth Coated Lurcher - Me baby boy

Tarn - Cream Rough Coated Lurcher (Deerhound x Greyhound) - Me stinky princess

Walter - Tabby Cat - Fattypuss

Then the 5 girls, whose names have still not been finalised (only Hilda and Betty's has)

Love them all to bits.
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

All these lovely pets and names so I'll add mine. We have two elderly horses who we've had nearly 20 years who were named before we got them. Nobby is the kind of horse with his own opion which he would share with you down the pub. Lucky, an Anglo Arab who one day is your best buddy and the next looks straight through you. Our beautiful Mistydog was pts just before Christmas and is still sorely missed after 13 years. Ten years ago we aquired, on the same day, two kittens and a rescue puppy, Tom, Dick and Harry. About two years ago Dick just didn't come home so when we go a new kitten last year we called him Jerry to go with Tom but he is more commonly known as 'The Git', a little black cat with a lot of attitude!
Near four years ago we go an Arab mare from a racing stud with a posh Arab name who is called.............. Rosie. Then we got a quarterhorse with an even longer name so she is called JD.
Hoping to get some chooks as soon as we can get their accommodation sorted, but as I would like some free range meat don't think I should name them!
westward chucks
Learner Laner

Post by westward chucks »

Thought i would introduce my pets:

First of all there is Roy the Bulldog. He is 9 years old, in good health for a bulldog and enjoys regular trips the the local pub. He is well known throughtout our village. In-fact most people know his name and not ours. We are just known as Roy's mum and dad.

Photobucket

Next is Charlie the cat, also 9 years old. He is a HUGE cat, not quite Big Ron status but is catching up. We have tried many diets but nothing seems to work. He is happy, just very very lazy.

Photobucket

Then there is the girls, our 5 ex-batts. We haven't managed to think of names for them all as of yet. The one with the big, floppy comb is called Hatty. I have been trying to get some descent photos of them but Hatty just followed me round trying to peck the lens. Got this photo of her:

Hatty
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

How gorgeous they all are!!
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

Lovely pics of your pets!

Another springer owner here!

My pets names are: Charlie my 11yr old cat (already had the name when we got him at 12 weeks)
Jazz (jasmine) 3yr old springer spaniel (already had the name when we got her at 8 months old)
Buddy my cat who is no longer with us.
Chooks are: Peppa (daughter named her after a cartoon pig!)
Pippa and Roxy.

Many years ago i had 2 rabbits called Molly and Pogo.
And my family pets growing up, 2 cats called Sooty and Molly!
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."