Anaesthetic - must admit I'm nervous

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Anaesthetic - must admit I'm nervous

Post by Babycakes »

Mad Chick wrote:Have the nurses recovered yet? I bet you had them in a dither :razz:

Well it's not every day they have a celebrity to look after!!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
ChooksAway!
Lively Laner

Post by ChooksAway! »

Hello, hope it's going well.

Only just read this thread as I have been busy nursing hubby who had an op on Thursday! His was sinus-related, under general anaesthetic for about an hour and a quarter. Blooming horrible when he came back from recovery as with nasal operations they pack some cocaine up there to reduce the bleeding - so he arrived back in his room drowsy and woozy and yet high as a kite from the cocaine - going on about how marvellous it all was and how wonderful he felt! Then of course there's a crash when it wears off and the pain and general miserableness start to kick in. This is the second op of this type he has had, and so I knew what to expect this time but it was still jolly weird, like talking to someone you know except they are really really drunk and you aren't. And they're all bloody and gooey too.....

Anyhow things are looking up now, but he's still got little energy and is knocked out even by light pottering about. Not sure if this is still the anaesthetic or the effects of the actual surgery. Anyway life proceeds at a much slower pace than usual which I think is actually doing us all good (kids on half term which I thought would be a nightmare but actually is quite helpful as no school-run rushing around).

Take it easy Richard, hope the pain is improving.

CA!
taff
Longlasting Laner

Post by taff »

morphine? wow, not surprised it was painful when that wore off.
Get well soon....or suffer the consequences...[mwah ha ha haaa....-horror movie laugh]
nah, just get well soon... :)
to err is human..to moo, bovine...