Teeth - or lack of !

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I should hear today or tomorrow as to when the appointment is.

Had a major set back financially though. After loads of fighting over my electricity bill (how can I spend over £150 each month during the summer!!!), I had to pay it and I'm short.

If I delay the appointment I know what will happen, I'll never get them done and they're giving me real jip.

So a masterplan is needed. I have a couple of things I can sell, but beside the local Shops, nowhere to advertise in time. That'll get me closer to the target.

I'm a tad worried now, can't see how I can get enough though and I'm working every day.

I've already looked at my life savings ( CLICK HERE )

Two things I can do are 1. Catch the night train from Paddington which arrives down there at 0645 (that'll save me a B&B) and 2. I'm frantically trying to work two of them loose enough to pull before I go there (saving £30 each).

Never a dull moment! If I wasn't having it done, the first three month's of winter would be plain sailing.

I WILL DO IT !!!

All those years of never scrounging off the powers to be, never wanting anything back until now - then you can't find one!

Mmmmm, more to follow.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Tania
Lively Laner

Post by Tania »

What have you got for sale Richard? Is it worth putting in the Sales/Wants forum - or even ebay?
See my chickens HERE!!
New pictures, ex-batts added 4/11/07
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Tania,

Yes I'm doing that later. The main items are a laptop and the small animal run I made, but both of those are colection really.
I'm digging through the other stuff later.

I could do a Boot Fair next Sunday but have to go to work Saturday night and Sunday afternoon so not sure how I could squeeze it in.

I'll do it I know I will - jusy gets me down when you're 'doing things right' and still having probs.

Never mind, I'm tough, I can take it !!!!!!!!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Teeth - or lack of !

Post by AnnaB »

Richard

There are a lot of banks on the 'High St'!!!!!
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

have you got dates for it yet??
Richard

Post by Richard »

Not yet, but broke my mobile phone today just for good measure!!
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

how on earth did you do that?
do you have a spare?
Richard

Post by Richard »

UP-DATE 3

Well, a change of plan. I finally, after two emails and three answer-phone messages got an appointment for Wednesday at Plyouth.
I then sent them another email 7 days ago asking about deposit, timings etc. and they didn't answer.

So....

This morning I had an appointment at a local dentist and told him exactly the situation both physically and more important, financially.

Basically he matched the price I had in mind by making the extractions (9) free of charge.
I had the moulds done, I go back Nov 19th to have more measurements and on 3rd. Dec I have them all out and the new one's put in!!

IAM A VERY HAPPY BOY THIS MORNING !! No more toothache, no more fiddling around, no more problems with food etc.etc.

I know it'll be a learning process, it'll probably hurt for a while, but I don't care. I shall be able to smile again, talk and eat better.
Plus, the Kent Cricket Team and every other County Team in the country will have to find something else to take the mickey with (mind you, the list is endless!!!).

I wonder if the free extractions means no local !!!!!!!!!!

)th: )pty sile} )grin2( yike*
Tania
Lively Laner

Post by Tania »

)t' Terrific news Richard. Did you bribe the new dentist with the promise of eggs?

3rd December, "All he wants for Christmas......."
See my chickens HERE!!
New pictures, ex-batts added 4/11/07
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

Ah sounds like great news! :)
Richard

Post by Richard »

No, but a couple of tickets for a twenty/20 cricket match next season probably stole it !!!
Last edited by Richard on 11 Nov 2007, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Teeth - or lack of !

Post by AnnaB »

Richard
That's really great news - of course he will give you anesthetic, the days of barbarism are over?
wendy

Post by wendy »

All I can say Is Bratt Pitt watchout !!!
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard

Post by Richard »

I must admit that, although I've worked the last 11 or so days, I've been a bit of a grump with all the waiting for answers etc.

I phoned my daughter Vicky this morning to arrange going down to Southampton as soon as I've had it done and she said she could really hear the change in my voice, so that's good.

It's 5th.Dec by the way, not 3rd.

I shall build up to the great unveiling ceremony with experience of my marketing tease!!
Richard

Post by Richard »

I'm now having them done next Monday (3rd). The Dentist would like to see me before I go to Southampton to make sure things are OK.

So this way I get a couple of days at home before going down there, which is sensible really.

I had a fitting today to see what I may look like.

Not so much Stephen Segal, bit of a toss up between Mel Gibson and
Orlando Bloom, although I did overhear the Assistant say something about Arthur Mullard.