Verruccas - does anything get rid of them?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Verruccas - does anything get rid of them?

Post by Sunny B »

I had a verruca on the ball of my foot which started 5 years ago. I tried the normal Baz***a stuff, the stonger stuff, silver nitrate and hacking with a scalpel. I have been to my doctor over the years, she said it would go by itself. Has it, hell! Now joined by two others. As I do a lot of dancing and walking it is a real pain and really painful! I have also tried the home freezing medication, been frozen at the doctor's wart clinic and also aloe vera and tea tree oil. No joy.
Does anyone have a cure? Please???? )hlp>
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
p.penn

Re: Verruccas - does anything get rid of them?

Post by p.penn »

Have you tried banana skins? Not sure where I got it from but I believe it works.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wendy

Post by wendy »

I had about 5 on the heel of my foot. Eventually a chiropodist sorted it out. But it has left me with hard skin there, that if I don't keep on top of it can be painfull
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I have got some on both feet, same place, Sunny, at least I think they are verrucas could be calluses. I have been soaking feet and applying scholl seal and heal removal gel. It has helped a lot, no more pain, but they are still there. I think I need to apply it over a longer period of time for them to be removed altogether, maybe I could find time to soak feet while sitting at the computer, but I am always jumping up and down doing something. :-D

Ilona
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Actually, that is a thought, maybe it's developed into something else now? I have callouses/corns or something which has made walking really painful. I looked it up on the internet last week and I am filing and heavily moisturising twice a day at the moment and it is really helping.

Other than that - I would go back to the doctors. 5 years is a ridiculous time to have them.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

My daughter seems to have a permanent supply of verrucas on both feet. Her school says that they are not contagious and therefore let all the children do PE in the hall and swimming pool with bare feet. In fact they will NOT allow the use of verruca socks for swimming :shock:
I have tried the bazooka stuff and they seemed to get worse :shock: And we've tried the home freezing stuff but this doesn't seem to have any affect either when used on it's own. The best way I have found to deal with them (the doctor will not freeze them off of children) is to apply a gel call Cuplex. It is applied a bit like bazooka - file the verruca before applying morning and night, put a blob on each verruca and leave for 15 mins to dry before covering with a plaster. It seems to take about 4-6 weeks to go but if the verruca is really big we just shrink it with the cuplex for a month or so and then do the home freezing stuff.
They are devils and the bain of my life at the moment )de:

Lucy x

P.S. Our practise nurse recommended putting duct tape over them to starve them of oxygen (the verrucas not the kids!). She said they'll go in a few weeks with the tape. My kids have such sweaty feet that we couldn't get the tape to stay on for more than a couple of hours :oops:
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Thanks everyone, I shall start having a go at these -in order of price, probably, so chiropodist will be last. I had asked to see the NHS chiropodist, but my doctor said they don't deal with verruccas.
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

Two of my kids caught them (one small one each) when they had school swimming lessons. Boy were the pool staff strict about not going in thw water without a sock once they know they were there, obviously, not quite as thorough all the time else they wouldn't have caught them in the first place :?

The freeze stuff worked both times. I am having a problem with a wart on my youngest girl's knee (apparently that a common place to get them, which I never knew) I have been treating it witht he freezer stuff for ages but it hasn't gone yet. I'm encouraging her to have a pick at it now it is softy after her bath )t'

I remember getting so fed up of waiting for my verrucca to clear when I was young, I got my Mum's dressmaking scissors and chopped it out - very theraputic and effective )c( confused>
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Trouble is with picking verruccas is that if it is a seed verrucca you stand a chance of spreading them, my daughter had them from swimming and they were very painful, the bazzucca stuff just made her skin blister if they are small it seems to work better.Dont talk about warts i can rember having mine frozen off and mum picking the dead stuff off with a sewing needle yike* yike* yike*
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

my son picked up verucca from a smart hotel (this is a differnet story but it was very dirty) and we tried the ushal stuff as been discussed here but the thing that worked was squeezing it out yike* and having it bought off him!! ((w
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

My friend is a podiatrist and she told my hubby about gaffer tape, he had a verruca last year and it took ages to get rid of it, she zapped it a couple of times to freeze it and said that apart from salycilic acid (sp???) and a file jobbie to shave off the dead stuff (Anyone eating their tea, yet?????) gaffer tape was good cos it starved it of oxygen and killed it quick. )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
RoomandKitchen
Lively Laner

Post by RoomandKitchen »

Effie wrote: Boy were the pool staff strict about not going in thw water without a sock once they know they were there, obviously, not quite as thorough all the time else they wouldn't have caught them in the first place

Why don't they have the wee pool of disinfectant to paddle in between the changing rooms and the pool. I thought that was suposed to stop the spread of such things :?
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Ooh, I remember the disinfectant pools - trouble was they were so cold in our town pool that most agile people skirted round the edges if they could!

I've been working on mine, they are less painful, but still won't go. I'm using some of hubby's sandpaper that I nicked from the garage on them!
greyparrot
Lively Laner

Post by greyparrot »

I haven't tried this personally, but someone I know swears by it. Cider vinegar, soaked onto cotton wool then taped on the offending blighter.
I have also heard that they go in 7 year cycles, again, not sure how true it is.
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Cider vinegar is supposed to be good for a lot of things. It's keeping anything taped onto the underside of your foot near the toes that's a problem.

7 year cycles - 2 years to go then.... :shock: