Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Dave
Legendary Laner

now what

Post by Dave »

piggy flu is here {cry}
the eldest boy has piggy flu
no visitors for 7 days
but everyone else can come and go!!!!!!!!!!
what a healthy family we are
so i suppose the rest of us will get over the next week )dwn:

so in the house we have
carpol tummel syndrome
broken little finger
piggy flu

i wonder whats next
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Effie
Legendary Laner

Re: now what

Post by Effie »

Hope he recovers quickly - my kids were talking about the very thing on the way home, and were very upset that school wouldn't close if one person came down with it.

Still not heard of many cases here in the North-West
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
wendy

Post by wendy »

Loads of it here Dave.
One school closed down with 2 cases and the next day there were 22!.
No problem though 'cos all the rest of the kids were at the Harlequin shopping centre all the week they had off. So I assume it is going through the whole of the area LOL
Maybe it is bird flu next ?
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Poor You {cry}

I suppose your wife is going to be no help at all administering to a sick child with her broken finger. Looks like it's all left to you again Dave, you must be exhausted :shock:

There's loads of piggy flu round here too. No-one in my school or the kids schools yet but it's in a lot of the others' so I suppose it's only a matter of time. I just hope we either get it now, before the summer holidays or in September when we go back :shock: Don't want to miss out on the time off during the holidays but quite fancy the idea of a bit of time off from work :oops: )j;

I hope he gets better soon

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I don't think they're giving it to everyone.

I was speaking to my son-in-law who's a Pharmacist and he reckons the powers to be are doing a pretty good job.

They're in Southampton and it's getting around down there, here in Ashford I haven't heard of any yet - but only time etc.

Hopefully the Vaccine will be around in about a month's time, but only enough for one in eight I think he said.

Hope all goes well for the family Dave.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Hope he recovers soon Dave )t'

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

he is on tamiflu
so next week
i suppose the rest of us will be on it to
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Sorry to hear about your son Dave - hope he gets better soon.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
chick-chick
Lively Laner

Post by chick-chick »

Hi Dave, I've been perscribed Tamiflu as a precaution due to my symtoms..Ive never been Ill like it in my life..My tempreture is coming down slowly but it was through the roof, Ive had the worse headaches, joint pain, ear and throat pain, weakness so bad i couldnt stand,sickness (side effect of tamiflu) been in bed for 2 days, delerious with a fever..I wouldnt wish it on anyone...I just hope my kids dont get it..
I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned!!!

http://mothernaturewales.blogspot.com/
chick-chick
Lively Laner

Post by chick-chick »

Hi Jen, my husband checked my temp and at it worse was 110 ..I was totally out of it, im still taking tamiflu but the side effects make it worse and now my throat has clamed up and i cant swallow anything, im crushing my pain killers in yogurt as i cant swallow them whole..the muscles in my neck are sore due to vomiting but nothing is coming up..im so fed up with it now...i have another day of the tamiflu and thats it, but its knocked me complealty off my feet...i was given tamiflu because i had breast cancer 5 yrs ago and in a high risk..Its awful thing and i hope you will feel better soon jen..
I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned!!!

http://mothernaturewales.blogspot.com/
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Oh dear, sounds terrible, hope it goes OK. They reckon Tamiflu shortens the illness by one to two days.

Just keep thinking that in another few days it will be all over with.

Get well quick,

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I do feel very sorry for people who have caught this terrible illness, it sounds horrendous. I don't know what I would do, living on my own, who's going to want to come anywhere near me, the thought is frightening. Here are some flowers for you if you feel rotten.
(f+ (f+ (f+ (f+ (f+ (f+ (f+ (f+
and some virtual hugs, from a distance..
{hug} {hug} {hug} {hug} {hug} {hug}

Ilona
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

That was a really nice post Ilona - wish I had thought of it!

Anyway, ditto, what Ilona said!
(f+ {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

Post by 4 french hens »

They closed a lot of schools in cambridge and set up a help line. We phoned it but only got a load of crackling!

If you believe that, you're dafter than I look.

Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.