I don't believe it!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
p.penn

I don't believe it!

Post by p.penn »

Can you bellieve I was just trying to eat a choccie covered roll type cake and my crown has fallen out with its post attached. I am going to the dentist tomorrow but I don't know what he will be able to do as my jaw remains awful and I can still hardly open my mouth confused>
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Re: I don't believe it!

Post by Lilo-Lil »

Poor you Helen! {cry}

Can you liquidise the choc roll with a bit of cream to make it go down easier? You could always try drinking it through a straw. (f+

Sounds like a large glass of something is required asap. )t'
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Poor you!

Gargling with brandy or whisky normally helps and it's a waste to spit it out afterwards :-D

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Poor you, Helen. That used to happen to me a lot when I had a crown with a post. I changed it for a bridge, much better. My bridge then had one tooth cemented to the teeth either side of it. Then one of those went rotten, bridge and tooth came out and was replaced with another bridge with two teeth, fixed with a crown on one side and cemented in on the other. The second bridge cost me £800, but worth it.

Good luck tomorrow.

Ilona
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have a bridge too - that fell out a month ago, post and all! What on earth is happening to me? :shock:

I just have no idea how he is going to get my mouth open wide enough to put the crown back in - my jaw is really quite painful when moved too but my hospital appointment with the facial surgeon isn't until the 29th. {cry}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
taff
Longlasting Laner

Post by taff »

Meanqueen wrote:Poor you, Helen. That used to happen to me a lot when I had a crown with a post. I changed it for a bridge, much better. My bridge then had one tooth cemented to the teeth either side of it. Then one of those went rotten, bridge and tooth came out and was replaced with another bridge with two teeth, fixed with a crown on one side and cemented in on the other. The second bridge cost me £800, but worth it.

Good luck tomorrow.

Ilona

I read all that twice and it still didn't make any sense to me. No wonder I get confused in dentists....
to err is human..to moo, bovine...
wendy

Post by wendy »

Poor Helen.
I have tombstones, well that is what Spencer calls my teeth and never have had problems. Only a couple of fillings.
But this year !!!! I have had one tooth out ! and TWO crowns. I felt I was falling apart, so I know exactly how you feel. At long last I have no appointments coming up.
Good luck, not your best year is it.
{hug&kiss}
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Taff, it's wonderful what they can do in dentists now. The gap where two teeth were missing (upper front) was filled with a bridge. I thought I would have to have the lot out and have falsies. Was I relieved when my lady dentist said I could have the bridge.

Helen, would a couple of pain killers help before your dentist visit, might not be quite so painfull.

Ilona
Mrs Fuzzywig
Longlasting Laner

Post by Mrs Fuzzywig »

Helen, if you can open your mouth wide enough to get a choccie covered roll thingy in there I'm sure your dentist will manage, be heartened by Jen's reply and remember that dentists have to work on childrens teeth too and they only have little mouths. :-D
Carol

The trouble with having a really good sleep is, you're not awake to enjoy it!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Thanks everyone for your kind words - I know it sounds a bit weedy but it really was the last straw! :shock: I really appreciate your support.

The good news is that I have just been to the dentist and my crown is safely back in! )c(

He also showed me where to push inside my mouth to help release the spasm, but I was lying in the chair at the time and now I can't find it. Tried in the local shop queue first - didn't half get some funny looks!

{rofwl}
Helen xx

Mrs Fuzzywig
Longlasting Laner

Post by Mrs Fuzzywig »

Glad all went well, perhaps you should go and have a lie down and see if you can locate the right place in your mouth. )t'
Carol

The trouble with having a really good sleep is, you're not awake to enjoy it!