Don't be a pig.

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Mo
Legendary Laner

Don't be a pig.

Post by Mo »

An article in New Scientist suggests that people who are obese are twice as likely to die of swine flu, but that the results are reversable with excersise.
Mind you the researcher has also suggested stockpiling statins and described them as 'cheap and safe', but I have know several people who have had bad effects from them and not realised why till they were hard to reverse (who would connect a frozen shoulder, or a pain in the arm, or mental confusion, with a cholesterol reducing drug - the doctor didn't)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
mrs butzi
Lively Laner

Re: Don't be a pig.

Post by mrs butzi »

Rubbish doctor !! Muscle pain is a common and well recognised side - effect of statins. I'm a physio and can think of at least 4 patients in the past six months whose leg and arm pains have miraculously improved since stopping / changing their statins !!
Chocolate, Vanilla, Gloria, Dottie and Snowball. - gone but not forgotten .
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

May be common, and a lay-person like me has certainly heard of at least 3 people with it (2 of then disablingly). But people are still given these dr-ugs without being warned.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

I have had a box of statin on the shelve for about 2 months and still haven't taken them! I am clinically obese but can get on my 14.3hh horse off the ground (I'm 5'1") muck out, poo pick, dog walk, garden, ride horse/bike but according to statistics I'm a fat lump. So will swine 'flu' pick on me or someone who is skinny and totally unhealthy. Oh, and I live next next but one to a pig farm which some people seem to find worrying.
I'm now at the stage where I don't read anything about swine 'flu' because it is getting out of hand and we are not being told the real truth because it wont make a good enough story.
What you say about the statins is making me feel less like taking them. The doctor even said that high cholestral could be a family trait so what do you do?