must lose weight

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
wendy

Post by wendy »

Nor me MO
I moved my broccoli recipe, from another topic, and ended up losing it. :oops: Not brave enough to try any more
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Well, I'll join in as well - not me either !!!

There is a slight possibility. I've been fiddling around with some anti-spam coding and a couple of times (late last night and this morning), the forum crashed. If you clicked submit when it was down, it wouldn't be there.

Only theory - sorry about that tassie, not personal I can assure you :shock:
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

Heehee that's ok, the crying smiley wasn't really serious :)
It is odd though, cos I thought I actually saw the post on there for a couple days but then i could be wrong!!!!
My OH will have to submit to being weighed and measured again!
)gr:
That's his face....
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

There are now 3 losing weight threads, this one, the old 'Dave & others weights' and 'Just the weights'. Your post about OH are in the old one.
Are they the ones you thought we'd lost?
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

oh oh yes that's them!!!!!
i didnt realise there were three, when i saw 'just the weights' i thought that was THE one.....

heh heh mystery solved!
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Wendy & others, I've just cooked Wendy's squash & tomato recipe for tomorrow nights tea, it's proper gorge, I keep pinching a spoon full each time I walk past the pan, yummy :-D
Now I'm starting to make special trips to the pan :oops:
Last edited by melons on 05 Nov 2007, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
mel x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Said it was didn't I ? LOLOL

nettles
Lively Laner

Post by nettles »

Willow, Wendy and others...oh yes, been there..I was ultra skinny til I hit my forties...then I racked up an extra 2 stone (all I did was think about it...honest.. I do not have a sweet tooth so don't eat cakes, biscuits or sweets....but cheese? Oh yes!)

I have had to learn portion control, that way I eat what I want, but less of it. Horrible isn't it.

Weight training is excellent for this...high reps, low weights..
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

Ok there's hope for skinny me yet - I've not hit the forties yet so I may not be skinny for ever!
I might be joining my OH on the weight loss track in another 10 years then...
Why can't we just get a happy medium though?
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Week two of the diet and I didnt lose an ounce, I had one piece of apple pie (medium not super sized as I normally would have had and three small fairy cakes.. but appart from that no sweets chocolate bisquites etc etc... I have been eating loads of veg. tons of fruit and any bread(2 or 3 slices) is wholegrain.. if I get the munchies I eat nuts and seeds etc.. hardly any starch in the form of potatoes pasta etc Have also cut down drasticaly on coffee and tea (one cup per day) and take three good long walks per week instead of one..
I am disapointed that I havent lost any weigh BUT I feel so much better in myself its great.. I feel awake and energised.. and also in a much better general mood.. Other half can vouch for that!!
Note to self - maybe cut down on pretty huge amount of nuts...
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

Willow that's great news that you are feeling so much better!!
I never really feel much difference when I go on a 'health kick', which is probably why I don't stick to it so well :oops:
wendy

Post by wendy »

You are doing well,
Nuts and seeds are quite fatty, so be careful how much you eat of those. Maybe worth cutting up some carrot sticks and leaving them in the fridge to munch on. Also make sure you are not overdoing the portion control.

I find bread to be a problem for me, I find it harder to lose weight if I eat bread. So when I am watching it I leave it out. I eat Matzo's.

Also We don't have any form of butter, margarine or what ever in the house. If We eat bread and something we do not put any spread on at all. A nice sandwich is beetroot and horseradish.

Best thing I do is write down everyting that goes in my mouth, including BLT's [bite's,lick's and taste's] that way I can see if I am going wrong. It is surprising, when you write it down, just what does go in your mouth.

Good luck, keep it up....nothing tastes as nice as looking slim.
Wendy

Jodi
Lively Laner

Post by Jodi »

Its disheartening when you've made the effort but the scales don't budge - but the up side is you feel good, good for you.

I can't write everything down, because I become a bit obsessive and end up going under 1000cal per day, which isn't good.

I'm on meal replacement shakes twice per day - then a normal meal with no carbs or fat - takes the guess work out of it, and I don't have to "think" about how many calories I'm having. Lots of water is good too - at least 2 litres spread out through the day.

Go us!

cheers
Jodi
wendy

Post by wendy »

Trouble, sometimes, with meal replacements or even the ready cooked ie: weight watchers. When you have lost and try to get back to 'normal' ways of eating. Sometimes you haven't educated your brain to eat correctly, and end up putting it back again.
I never count calories, too much like hard work. If you write it down. You can see where the problems lie.
Wendy

Jodi
Lively Laner

Post by Jodi »

I know what you mean Wendy, but, being on diets on and off since I was 12 I've a pretty good idea what I should and shouldn't be eating. I think my metabolism has suffered as a result and takes alot of work to get it to kick in. Even as a kid, doing alot of competative swimming, was allowed a chocolate bar once per week :cry: , and trained every day - was still chubby )gr:

I figure, if I can have snippets of time being able to wear a size 10- 12 instead of a 16 - then I'll have to settle for that. I'm tall, wide shoulders and hips, so despite weight going up and down, I always have a waist......so thats a good thing I suppose.

cheers
Jodi