eczma

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Stig
Lively Laner

Re: eczma

Post by Stig »

I've had eczema all my life, although in adulthood it's confined to my hands and legs from the knee down.

I used very powerful steroids when growing up - synalar and diprosone mainly. It has thinned my skin, my hands are quite wrinkly and shiny. Moisturisers only prevent itching but are invaluable.

I'd advise to keep the affected areas out of water as much as possible - don't over-wash & use as little soap as possible (I don't use soap at all). I use vaseline to reduce itching & protect any dry areas.

Someone mentioned sunshine and saltwater - they have a very beneficial effect on me as well. I try to get my legs exposed even in the winter when I can, doesn't need to be strong sun.
stace
Legendary Laner

Re: eczma

Post by stace »

i use aqueous cream alot in my job, we tend to use that instead of soap, in the shower etc use it on the flannel as you would use soap but dont rinse off just towel dry, this then works on the skin all the time even better to shower before bed

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"