50 fitter than 20

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Re: 50 fitter than 20

Post by secret squirrel »

Where I live people put the dog in the car, drive to the Heath, and then let the dog out for a walk and its about a mile from where we are. The Heath carpark is usually full.
Whats that all about then? confused> confused> confused>
Occasionally when we are dog sitting we go to the woods in the car, but its a good hours walk one way to the woods and naturally an hour back.
But when we get there you can walk for at least two hours without covering the same ground. Sometimes the dog is more exhausted than we are. {rofwl}
Lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
manda

Post by manda »

I suppose the only true test will be when the 20 year olds are 50 and see how they shape up to today's 50 year olds...I may have to stick around to see if I can find out they compare...mind you probably by then I will have completely forgotten what the question was :shock:
Manda
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
wannabechicken
Learner Laner

Post by wannabechicken »

I'm really annoyed at all the adults calling us kids fat. The mojority of us still go out and exercise, we dont spend all day on the playstation eating junk food. Its all just a load off ****. Ben 12yrs
manda

Post by manda »

I don't think that they are saying all kids are fat but unfortunately Ben (and this is coming from someone who -despite the fact that I have always been very active - has struggled with her weight her entire life!!) it's not ****.

It's a problem for countries world wide and it's not just children it's adults too {cry}
Manda
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
4c lady
Legendary Laner

Post by 4c lady »

Im probably fitter now than I was when I was 20 or rather I do exercise now whereas when I was 20 I didnt and I could eat what I wanted and was a nice 7 stone. When I hit 30 it went up to 8 stone and I still didnt do much in the way of exercise then I hit 40 and went up to 9 stone! Now I go jogging on a Saturday morning and a Sunday morning and my second job envolves picking and packing in a warehouse so im on my feet for 5 hours Monday-Friday - walking and lifting heavy boxes. I also walk to both jobs as im only 15 mins and 10 mins walking distance from my jobs (also saves petrol). I am constantly trying to eat the right things whereas in my 20's I could eat anything but having 2 jobs I only really have 2 meals a day as I dont get time after leaving my main job at 4 and going on to my next job at 5 so I only get time to feed the cats and feed the chickens. Im already worrying that when im 50 will I weigh 10 stone!! Even eating well although less and exercising my weight goesnt go down im still 9 stone - its depressing sometimes - ooh to be 8 stone again!!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Ah Ben, it's called 'stereotyping', when people think that everyone is the same. Like you saying "ALL the adults calling us kids fat". You will see that not all do!
In the same way, I'm sure there are things where you young people say "all adults bla bla bla" !!

When us oldens weren't oldens, we used to have to find things to do more as we didn't have all the things you have nowadays. We didn't have PC's, Mobile Phones, Playstations, DS's etc.. In fact, one or two of us may not have even had electricity !

Also, because people expect to have more now, more Parents go to work and some (not all) have less time to cook, so buy more ready made meals for the Microwave or simply give them a fiver and send them down to McDonalds, which aren't always necessarily the best for us.

Another thing is Snacks. We were never allowed to eat between our Meals, so we'd eat less Crisps, Chocolate Bars and other things.

So you shouldn't feel your age group is being got at, it's just that some of us see the reasons why more - we may not necessarily be as clever, but we've been around a lot longer !

Read my pages about growing up in the 1950's and 1960's....

http://www.downthelane.net/growing-up-50s-60s.php

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome