helicopter dash

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
seahorse
Legendary Laner

helicopter dash

Post by seahorse »

Tonight I got a call from my boss saying that his wife had been taken by helicopter to Nobles hospital, she has fallen downstairs and has broken her leg. The reason for the helicopter is that racing practice was on and the roads are shut to all traffic. They live on the racing circuit and the only way in for emergency services is by air. poor thing, she is in her seventies and has broken this leg before...oops. The house is built on different levels and it's all stairs..hence my firm gluteous :-D it is going to be a challenge when they let her back home ,plus I will be on permanent dog walking duties until she is better :-D . It's amazing how life can change all in one evening, I just hope she is a good patient :-D
Looove chucks!
Mad Chick

Re: helcopter dash

Post by Mad Chick »

I'd LOVE a ride in a helicopter but not sure that's the best way to get one!
I hope she's on the mend soon and you have lots of good weather for your dog walking duties :-D

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: helicopter dash

Post by kate egg »

Oh poor lady, I don't know what would upset me more - the pain of a broken leg or the fear of having to go in a helicopter :shock:

I fell over earlier this week whilst walking the dog, coming down a steep grassy bank in the wrong shoes, luckily hubs was there to pick me up. We thought I'd done something nasty to my right wrist - and all sorts of thoughts go through your head when you think what the consequences will be :? luckily it was ok later on )t'

Seems like you will be working harder to help out!
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

I dont know how she is doing today because they took her to theatre to put all the bits and pieces back together :shock: sile} I'm hoping they let her out before the weekend, the dog is really missing her, so are we too!!!
Looove chucks!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

A broken leg would definately upset me more, couldn't go on walks for ages, now that would be a disaster. {cry} I went in a helicopter, over the Grand Canyon, thrilling, amazing, awesome, brilliant. )t'

I hope the lady comes home soon to give her dog a cuddle. :-D

Ilona
yorkielass
Lively Laner

Post by yorkielass »

Sending lots of healing thoughts to her xx
Anne
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

I hope she is feeling better soon, Seahorse.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

She's still not home yet, but I have brought a bed down to the drawing room along with other bits of furniture (nearly had a hernia!) as she wont be able to go upstairs. Hope Ive set things up ok, nothing to trip over etc. Trixie is still sulking and it's taking all my spare time trying to get her to play (i do have such a hard job dont I?). Thanks for your good wishes. (f+
Looove chucks!