Winter blues already

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Re: Winter blues already

Post by Sunny B »

Meanqueen wrote:We had a discussion about this once before, you might like to read what was said.
Light boxes, do they work?

Ilona

I must have a brain the size of a peanut, I didn't remember this, even though I posted on it!
It was interesting to read about the daylight bulbs. I've got one somewhere, though I think I took it out because it was not as bright as my "normal" ones.

It definitely must be light related, we have had a few days of sunshine and I'm feeling sooo much better! ))sun But dreading the return of the couds and gloom which are forecast for a few day's time. {cry}
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Ryan
Lively Laner

Post by Ryan »

Bit late to this one, but if you are investing in a light box spend a few extra quid and buy a decent one.

Mrs Malefic thought I was a miserable old git in the winters so told me to go buy one - me being a tight git went for a budget one (still 70+ quid!) and to be honest it was as much use as someone flicking the room light on (made me dive under the covers and curse!)

Good luck though - winter blues is horrible.

Something else that helped me was lime essential oil, stick some of that in a burner and it lifted my spirits (and it smelt like Opal fruits!)

Ry
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I'm OK at the moment, thanks, due to the wonderful Indian summer we are having at the moment, but I like the idea of the fruity oil - also much cheaper than a lightbox!
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

i've switched brands of my St johns wort(using an expencive one yike* ) and am feeling much better, good engouth to do some exercise which is making me feel tons better.

This indian summer is wonderful :-D
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!