Stye/Dog Bite

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
k66yla
Lively Laner

Stye/Dog Bite

Post by k66yla »

Has anyone got any remedies for Styes?, I think thats what I may have. My eye has started hurting since yesterday and now the lid is slightly red but not swollen. I wonder if it may be linked to getting bitten by a dog last week whilst delivering the post, as my hand is still sore and red around the edges, so maybe I've picked up an infection. I consulted a chemist on Friday about whether I should go to the Drs, he said to just keep an eye (ha ha!) on it. Any advice will be appreciated. )t'

Kyla
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: Stye/Dog Bite

Post by kate egg »

Oh that sounds nasty... years ago I remember my cousin used to get styes sometimes. She used to lay down with a damp teabag on her eye. Not sure how effective it was though' :?
wendy

Post by wendy »

Old wives tale...rub it with a gold wedding ring ?
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

A tiny(!!!) dab of honey on the offending article will see it gone soon )t' nasty things often a sign of a stressful event(dog bite?) :shock:repeat every couple of hours
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I suffer from these regularly and they can get really painful. I seem to have such a regular swollen eye that a very dear friend now refers to me as "Poison Blowfish Head" :shock:

I find the best thing is Brolene eye ointment. Brolene drops are nicer to use but not quite as effective. I have tried the gold wedding ring but to no avail :-D

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

That is really weird - I was just about to post about my eye too. I have a red itchy lump on the lid which I was told last year was blepharitis (sp) and to put warm pads on it a few times a day. It went away but started again in may/june and I have had it ever since to some degree. I am not convinced its not something to do with the chickens, perhaps the dust from feed/diatom etc.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Julia
Longlasting Laner

Post by Julia »

Mad Chick!!! I nearly fell of my chair laughing at the "poisoned blowfish head" ref. How dear is this friend exactly?
Free hens are happy hens. Chicken centreparcs now complete! The girls love it.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Julia wrote:Mad Chick!!! I nearly fell of my chair laughing at the "poisoned blowfish head" ref. How dear is this friend exactly?

Not as dear as she used to be!

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway