Off sick today

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Steve the Gas

Off sick today

Post by Steve the Gas »

No I'm not throwing a sickie- I don't do that.
Anyway I am putting it down to IBS. Does anyone suffer this and if so how the hell do you cope?. I've not eaten since last thursday apart from the odd piece of dry toast, the pain is horrendous. This pain even shoots thru my left shoulder joint. It is beginning to subside now and I will prolly go to work tuesday.

Thanks in advance {cry}
manda

Re: Off sick today

Post by manda »

Oh dear poor you IBS is awful....I get it mildly but only from time to time.

If you put IBS into a search then you should be able to find a site you can look through to give you advice on dealing with it. Found a couple the recipe one you can go to their home page and it's pretty much advice too but the diet page with the recipes on seemed pretty good and linked to others as well.
Advice
Recipes

Hopefully that might help. Relaxation in some form would be helpful for it, maybe go and see a homeopath?
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Cheers Manda )t'
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Have you been down the wheat/dairy exclusion yet? May be worth a try, perhaps start with wheat.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Poor you. I've had a couple of bad bouts, then am clear for ages. Today I had to get to the dentist first thing and have got an abcess and that's painful enough. Still I've got to try and sort out the bank rec before the accountant comes on Wednesday!
Mutal 'get better soon' hug I think!
wendy

Post by wendy »

I have had it, but not for a little while now.
I took Aloe Vera Gel from http://www.foreverliving.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it wasn't cheap, but seemed to help.
Wendy.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

Are you sure it is IBS? Where abouts is the pain?
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Thanks all )t'
The pain is mainly abdominal, bloated and unable to flush this from either end yike*
The pain can and does shoot thru my left shoulder joint - I was a little worried on this and did some research. Net doctor backed this so was relieved.
Breathing deeply hurts too when right in the middle of a bout. My guts feel like I've had a good kickin.
This happens perhaps 2 -3 times a year, recently had a bit of work related stress - theres me thinkin I can handle anything, I have had 2 divorces and didn't get it then.????????????
manda

Post by manda »

Have you tried rescue remedy Steve - that can be really great if you are having a stressy time.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Hi Steve,
my oh had bad IBS and had allery tests done and we found that his 'trigger' was yeast since he cut it out things are much better.
But he did have a definative diagnoses of IBS from a doctor, there are questions that need to be asked to make sure it isn't anything else.

Please see a dr or make a telephone appoint. {hug}

Hope you feeling better soon {hug}
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

A big thankyou to all {hug} You have given me lots to test or try )t'

I'm going back today, feel alot better, it's that quick :?