Anticipating ill health!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Effie
Legendary Laner

Anticipating ill health!

Post by Effie »

When I was a child and ever since I went back to living on a school timetable when the children were small, I always come down with a bug just as the holidays start. We talked about this at work and someone suggested that it was because your adrenaline levels drop as you relax.

My children seem to be following a similar pattern.

What ever the reason, I wondered if anyone had any ideas on how to stay well in anticipation of half term holidays next week.

Thanks, Effie
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
Mad Chick

Re: Anticipating ill health!

Post by Mad Chick »

I was just wondering the same thing. I feel like I've been battling with the start of a cold for 2 weeks now and I was only just thinking "I bet I really come down with it just as we break up!" {cry}

I used to take Echinacea drops at the first sign of a cold or illness and I swore it really helped. But I ran out last year and haven't got around to buying any more. Hmm... think I'll get some tomorrow.

The other thing to do is the obvious one - get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water and stay away from small people )j;

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

I always used to give the children Echinacea when they were younger(they used to call it "ichinacea"cos it was so horrid.I want to start them up again but my son wont take pills and my daughter takes enough already for her migraine.It may be a bit late to start for half term but will have begun to work for Xmas hols( yike* )Definatley worth a try )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

Nose is runny, ears are throbbing, throat tickly - oh joy!

I have attempted to have such a busy week that my adrenaline levels didn't drop, unfortunately my body seems to be aware that there is nothing planned for Tuesday morning :?

Younger daughter is also sneezing. We are all on large doses of vit C and paracetemol. I have heard a scare story about echinacea affecting liver function in a few people, it is in the very small print, which you would be unaware of unless your liver function was tested at the time you were taking it so I will not be taking that, even though I did in the past.

Here's hoping for a mild and slightly inconvenient sniffle. Having been in close contact with children who have definitely had flu (pig type or other) I should think myself lucky to have just a cold.
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"