My jiggered left leg

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

My jiggered left leg

Post by Meanqueen »

I think I've jiggered my leg up. :shock: I went cycling today, did about 20 miles at a guess, some rough ground, fairly flat with a few slopes, and walked a bit when my btm was sore.

Now my left hip aches, my left knee twinges with pain when I bend it, and I have a sharp shooting pain from my knee up the front of the leg, like toothache. I might have to take a pain killer before I go to bed. I wont go cycling tomorrow. {cry}

Ilona
Sara

Re: My jiggered left leg

Post by Sara »

That sounds very energetic Ilona! Well done, im not sure i could do it. :shock:

Maybe you have streched a muscle? Definitly a pain killer. )t' Hope it feels better in the morning.....
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

and treat yourself to a warm bath, it will relax the muscle and help the pain killer work.

hope you are cycling soon {hug}
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Oh dear. I cycled to Leo's today, then to Halfords, to town and back home, about 8 / 9 miles total I guess.
It was the first time since Spring I think.

I got a few aches on the front of the legs above the knee, but otherwise OK. At least the ticker isn't affected...........I hope !

Maybe you went a bit too far Ilona, give it a few days and just do some shorter runs, but every day.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Thanks, I think I am Wonder Woman, set myself challenges, maybe sometimes a bit too optimistic. Yes, muscle ache I think. A bath :shock: I'm not due one till next month ha ha :-D Just a massage for now I think.

Ilona

Yes I should do shorter runs to build myself up to it. If I can walk a lot of miles surely I can cycle them as well, maybe not yet.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

It is I regret to say the worse fact of life that we never stop thinking we're 19 years old !!
I was fine on the flat, but the up hill bits got me have to admit - refused to get off and walk though!

Thing is I hate going slow as in slow and love overtaking teenagers on their BMX's !
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Made the mistake of challanging a 9 year old to a running race yesterday. totally humiliated {rofwl} . I will have to practice in secret. Either that or try to grow old gracefully --nahh.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Still a bit achey this morning. My friend rang, she asked why I wasn't out walking on such a nice day, I said I need to take it easy today, maybe tomorrow. :oops: I'm going to look for some roller blades in the charity shops. :-D

Ilona
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I hope it's getting better, Ilona.

It's always good to do some stretches after finishing any activity, it really makes a difference to how much or little you suffer the next day!
I cycled the coast to coast ride there and back with my son recently, my quads were burning with pain by the end, so I stretched them before I got in the car, and again when I got home and at bedtime after a hot shower and was pleasantly surprised not to be hobbling the next day!
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Thank you Sunny, I'm ok but knee a bit painfull when I bend down. I dont think of stretching, I know you are supposed to, but don't you stretch when you are doing the cycling or walking or whatever. :? Excuse my thickness, but what is quads? I thought that was a bike with four wheels :? :? :?

You can see I am not an expert in these matters, I always thought that if it hurts it is doing you good. )grin2(

Ilona
Sara

Post by Sara »

Meanqueen wrote:I always thought that if it hurts it is doing you good.

I hope so Ilona, Im just back from the dreaded aerobics class, and cant move much, going to shuffle to the shower and bed in minute... :oops:
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Ilona, when you are working your muscles you are contracting them, that is why they get tight and you need to stretch them out after the exercise.

Your quads are the big muscles down the front of your thighs, they often feel tight after cycling. You can stretch them by standing next to something that you can hold onto if you lose your balance and bending each leg in turn so that your foot touches your bottom (or as near as you can get) and holding the ankle and pulling gently for up to 30 seconds.

Not sure how well I explained that, have a look on here:

http://www.womensheart.org/content/Exercise/stretching_exercise.asp

I usually stretch before I drive home for about 10 minutes after cycling or a strenuous walk, standing stretches next to the car and seated ones in the boot! People may think I'm mad, but happily I've got to the old enough not to care stage!
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker