Clean bill of health for my teeth

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Clean bill of health for my teeth

Post by Meanqueen »

Just back from the dentist, she had a good poke around and declared my mouth )t' )t' )t' Next appointment in 9 months.

I was hoping for a free read of the newspapers while I was in there, but, they are not allowed to have them any more {cry} because they might spread germs. Does that mean all the libraries are going to close then? :?

I did my bit for the planet today, got two buses each way and left the car at home. )t'

Ilona
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: Clean bill of health for my teeth

Post by kate egg »

All good Ilona )t' shame about the papers, I noticed last time I went to the docs that the magazines had all been removed, shame )dwn:
writerinspirit
Learner Laner

Post by writerinspirit »

That level of health concern has not yet reached Cheshire, it seems. I was at the local hospital this morning for a blood test (they were checking the alcohol levels, I think) and the place was full of old copies of OK! No newspapers, Ilona, or any reading at all, unless you are concerned about celebrity cellulite. I had to buy my own Times from the Friends of the Hospital. :-D

However, like you, I abandoned the car. I used my bike - and I got b****y soaked. I didn't realise that being green involved contracting pneumonia.
I don't want to live forever through my writing, I want to do it by not dying. - Woody Allen
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Congrats on the clean bill of health for your teeth Ilona, i'm jealous as i've got a wait of 10 days to see my dentist with a cracked tooth. (i did it on carrot, cooked :oops: )

Depends where in Cheshire you are but the national guidlines are in view of swine flu is not to have magazines/ newspapers in waiting rooms due to the risk of spreading infection. You would be surprised what people do, one visitor opened some milk and drank from the bottle then put the part used bottle back in the patients fridge........ yike* yike* yike* )cof( )cof( )cof( (my patients are intensive care/ high dependencey)
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Bollybarb wrote:Depends where in Cheshire you are but the national guidlines are in view of swine flu is not to have magazines/ newspapers in waiting rooms due to the risk of spreading infection.

That sounds sensible if there is an epidemic around.

There were similar magazines in the dentist in Tarporley (Chesh) a couple of weeks ago when I went to have a crown. I didn't get off as lightly as Ilona, it was over £300. And I'd already paid to have it patched when the back fell off and again when the front fell off (then the patch fell off!).
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

It's a feat within itself to have all your teeth at 60 Ilona!!

I rather like mine, every morning I take them out to have a look!

In fact, tomorrow I have to take them in for a re-alignment. I get them back on Friday, so for 48 hours I shall not leave the Lane and park my car around the back so anyone visiting will think I'm out !

This afternoon I have two things to see the Doctor about, earlier this year I found out I had the start of Cataracts, in June I had a shoulder operation.

I want to be 62 - 61 has not been a good year !!!

Good thing I'm still damned good looking !
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I haven't got all my teeth Richard, there are a few gaps at the back which no one can see, )grin2( and I have a bridge and two crowns which are stuck in. The crowns have been there for about 25 years and are perfect. I am very fastidious about cleaning them now, brush after eating and flossing, I hope to hang on to them.

Is your shoulder getting any better? I heard a programme about cataracts on the radio, apparently it's a very easy operation to remove them, and your eyesight is restored to normal. One chap was saying how easy it was.

Good luck at the docs, and take your own magazines. :-D

Ilona
Richard

Post by Richard »

Shoulder ? Still bad at night, but getting there thank you..

The eyes, yes, they said another 5 years before I need anything done and to be honest, I haven't really noticed anything except a tad cloudy in the half light and mornings.

The Dentist - Just hope he doesn't say I've got to have my gums out !

Doctors - Got my fingers crossed a little bit, but at least I don't pay for the Prescriptions anymore !

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

The NHS dentists over here are like hens teeth,we had to got to a private one and it is very expensive. My appointment is next week and I know he wants to do loads of stuff but I'm quite happy with gaps where Ive had teeth out. As long as I can still eat!!! )grin2(
Looove chucks!
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well, he didn't send them off. For various mouth physical reasons, he did it 'chair side' and I go back Friday.
The worse scenario is they have to be re-based, which is near as darn it to a new set.

So it could be cost effective time. If I spend a couple of hundred now, then a new lot next year, I may as well get the new lot now.

As always, it's just a case of dosh, but I've got to have them right a). it's not comfortable and b). I still have some vanity left !!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

You're right Richard, teeth have to be right, same as specs, other people see them every day and you have to feel comfortable about how you look. I'm surprised you have to pay for them though, but there again I was surprised to have to pay for my check up. Apparently it's because I don't get pension credits, financial assistance from the government to supplement my living expenses. Maybe that's similar to you.

Ilona
Richard

Post by Richard »

This will sound very uncharacteristic and posh, but I go private for them.

The reasons are it was only about £200 more than NHS and I had a lot more selection, colour etc.
The after care in so far as if there was a problem, I could get an appointment virtually the next day.
They saw me about six times for re-adjustment after the initial visit and didn't charge me.
I bartered on the original cost, he gave me a price, I said what I could afford and we went on that !
The Dentist is a brilliant guy and we get on very well, the Receptionist is first name terms, we have a chin wag etc. etc. etc.

It's about the only thing, beside PC's, that I don't cut costs on.

As for benefits, I'm not officially retirement age yet. It's quite a strange system. At Cricket I have to pay full basic tax through the season and have to wait until the following April to have the Tax Office re-assess and give me a refund. It's casual work you see.

But at least I got my first free prescription yesterday from the Doctor !

Richard
GrahamNR17
Lively Laner

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Richard wrote:...Good thing I'm still damned good looking !

Yeah, err, about your eyes... sile}

{rofwl}
They said "Smile, things could be worse."
So I smiled.................and things got worse.