Help with a dentist

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
atc
Learner Laner

Help with a dentist

Post by atc »

Can anyone reccomend a good NHS dentist with vacancies in the Chorlton or Rochdale areas please

Many Thanks
Blessed Be
atc
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Re: Help with a dentist

Post by bluebell »

I am at work at the moment and cannot bring a link up but I did a search for dentists using the NHS website and it gave me a list of dentists in my area, unfortunately I had to go private! But it will tell you who takes NHS patients.

If you cannot find this information, PM me and I will have a look in morning at home for website details.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
roddelmae
Longlasting Laner

Post by roddelmae »

When we moved from Morecambe to Scunthorpe, it took two years to get on an NHS dentists list, and that one is 8 miles away. When I first enquired, there was a 5,000 waiting list. By the time I got to the dentist, my teeth were in such a state, and now I only have two left of the originals. All my teeth are my own; I know, I paid for them! Ha ha. We did go to a private dentist on the town centre, and when he'd looked at us, he quoted £1,700 for both of us. I said I want to pay for treatment, to to buy your surgery! He was not amused.
Seriously though, I even wrote to my MP, Eliott Morley, who is now discredited, and coincidentally, soon afterwards, we got on the list. Yeah right.
What I'm saying is, don't expect to get on an NHS list straight away, unless the situation is better where you are. Or you could try giving your MP earache!
What's right with this country is the freedom to discuss what's wrong with it.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

If you're in pain, I believe there is a 'law' that you must be seen within 48 hours by any Dentist ?

If this were the case, it may give you a chance etc?

Not sure of my facts though.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
atc
Learner Laner

Post by atc »

Thanks folks

I'll see what I can find
Blessed Be
atc
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I think it might be a matter of going through the phone book and ringing round to ask. A lot of them will be full, but you will save yourself a lot of leg work.

Ilona
Ace101
Learner Laner

Post by Ace101 »

i have a tooth growing behind all the others i might have to have it out and im only 9 :?