Piggy flu jab?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Sara

Piggy flu jab?

Post by Sara »

Im just curious as to what you all think to this swine flu jab?

I had our paper through today for me and Olivia to be vaccinated...... I have pretty much made up my mind to not go as im not completly sure that its necessary (sp?) AARRRGGGHHH I dont really know whether i should go or not..... There seems to be little information on it, other than what the media reports, and the media seem to dramatise everything confused> confused> confused>

Has anyone had it yet? What do you all think?
)hlp> )hlp> )hlp>
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Mad Chick

Re: Piggy flu jab?

Post by Mad Chick »

My parents have had it with no ill affects, other than a sore arm for a day (but my dad is a bit of a wimp :oops: ) My friend who is a nurse has had it too and said it was fine, no more painful or anything than a normal jab.

If I was offered it, I'd have it )t'

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

About 9 years ago I got a flu bug that went straight onto my chest and I was very ill as I am also an asthma sufferer - being unable to breathe is something I wouldn't like to repeat. From what I understand, this flu is very similar so I'll accept the jab if it is offered (I usually get called for the seasonal one but heard nothing yet about the swine flu one)
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

I had the swine flu jab last week, the jab itself didn't hurt anymore than the ordinary flu jab but my arm really hurt for a few days, i knew this would be the case so staggared the jabs.

I had flu ealier in the year but took tamiflu which apparently also reduces the chances of you devopling resitance so you may have it a second time )dwn:

Statiscally you are worse off having flu compared to the vacine, thats what swung it for me, but it is a personal choice.
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

We have all been offered it at work as we work with kids who are in one of the most vunerable age group.

I decided to have it as I have asthama, and the thought of having the flu fills me with dread. I know it would affect me badly and its a risk I`m not prepared to take. One of my collegues has it at the mo and she has been laid low with it for a week!
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
Sara

Post by Sara »

I have to say that largely i agree with Jen. Im worried that this vaccine hasnt been around for long and so do we really know of any long term side affects? I dont want to comprimise Livs long term health but i want to protect her from this flu. It so confussing.
I think i will hang on for a while.
Thanks for your opinions. It helps to know what other people think. )t' x
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX