HOW MUCH WATER DO YOU DRINK?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Mad Chick

Re: HOW MUCH WATER DO YOU DRINK?

Post by Mad Chick »

Too much water can be bad. A lady last year (who was on one of those meal-replacement diet shake type diets) was told to drink at least 4 litres of water a day. She drank all of this over a short period of time and then collapsed and died. Her body could not cope with that amount of water and it caused her brain to swell :shock:

Like Wendy, I just forget to drink. Quite often of an evening I get a headache and then realise that the only fluid I have drunk all day is one cup of tea at work. I never drink water but am trying to make myself drink several glasses a day. I have noticed that when I remember to do this for a week, I loose weight at weigh in :-D

Lucy x
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

S-S, 10 litres certainly sounds a bit excessive, most sites recommend 3 a day maximum. Did you tell your doctor you were drinking that much? I would have thought you would gave to be extremely active or in a very hot climate to need that much. Maybe have a look on here, just to check that you don't have any symptoms associated with excessive water consumption?

http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C577739.html
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Sunny, I think you will find that there is something not to good in fizzy water - sodium perhaps?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Drinking fizzy water changes the ph. of the blood , making the body absorb calcium from the bones yike*
Looove chucks!
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Firstly I would like to point out that I don’t do 10 litres in one go, I sip at my water bottle all day long. My day normally starts somewhere around six and ends around eleven. I cycle the three or four miles to work every morning and to be honest I don’t hang about I really go for it in top gear for as much as I can manage, I do have a bit of a sweat on when I arrive. I go to the gym as much as I can (which isn’t as much as I did six months ago). If I don’t drink that much my wee goes all the wrong colour so I prefer to prefer to sip away and keep my wee the healthy clear colour. I haven’t got diabetes or any other related ailment, I just drink continually, my mum used to take her own bottle of baby squash when she took me around to friends because I would run my beaker out so quickly. I do thank you for your concerns but there really isn't anything to worry about, it's just the way i am.
Bah Humbug
Kelly
Lively Laner

Post by Kelly »

Spoke to our occupational nurse yesterday as I have been waking up regularly with headache and tingling in hands. Not been too bothered but yesterday headache didn't ease after paracetamol. Anyway she took by BP and reading was quite low ( 93 over 62 ). Her advise was that dehydration can cause adrop in BP and to make sure I drink plenty of fluids ( water most imprtant) So gonna increase my water intake, get BP done again and she if it improves.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Ollie
Learner Laner

Post by Ollie »

Two litres a day is adequate. That is not the amount in your cup/glass - it includes the fliud part of your food too. So one and a half litres max is plenty.
Cafein is a diuretic but so mild as not to be rated in these calculations.
roddelmae
Longlasting Laner

Post by roddelmae »

Kelly, after my operation, my blood pressure dropped to 97/55, and it was fixed by increased fluid intake. I had been feeling nauseous and hot along with the bp probs, and it was ok the following day.
However, I did nearly exhaust their supply of bottles! )hlp>
What's right with this country is the freedom to discuss what's wrong with it.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I can assure you that SS doesn't drink 10 litres of water a day. He does drink alot of water which is very good but no where near that amount. My goodness I think I'd find him drowned on the sofa or something. Xx
Bah Humbug
Livvy Lum
Lively Laner

Post by Livvy Lum »

Ooops, I should have made my last comment under Livvy Lum not Saint Spoon

Sorry Peeps

June
wendy

Post by wendy »

Ooo That might be, that June !!!. Good to see he has allowed you your own membership :-D
I am sure his water intake has been surpassed by alcohol at the moment.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Livvy Lum
Lively Laner

Post by Livvy Lum »

Hello Wendy, yes it's me. I decided to sign up to DTL last night.
I must admit alot of alcohol has been consumed lately. I'm looking forward to January when we can have a nice detox for a few weeks.
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Hi June, lovely to put a face to the name :-D
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Hello Mrs S-S nice to meet you! (he did have us all worried for a bit with the seemingly excessive water intake :? )
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

saint-spoon wrote:I can assure you that SS doesn't drink 10 litres of water a day. He does drink alot of water which is very good but no where near that amount. My goodness I think I'd find him drowned on the sofa or something. Xx

What a cheek, posting your opprobrious remarks on my log in... we’ll have to keep an eye on that Richard, I might even change my pass word.
Bah Humbug